Audacity's New Canned Beer

UNTcrazy727

Anybody taste this yet?  Will it be available anywhere?

They have taps at a lot of the bars around Denton. I personally liked the beer I tried. I think it was the Bulletproof.

Denton Record Chronicle story

Scott Lindsey, co-owner of Audacity, said distributor Ben E. Keith will pick up cans of Bulletproof Texas Pale Ale and Sunset Vienna-style lager Friday, Aug. 14. Then, the cans will distributed at stores like Kroger and H-E-B as far as Austin and San Antonio.

“You’ll start to see them in a lot of places over the next six weeks or so,” Lindsey said. He expects they’ll first be available in stores Monday, Aug. 17.

Additionally, the company has secured the beer sponsorship for Apogee Stadium at the University of North Texas, right in time for football season. They’re also sponsoring this year’s Oaktopia music festival.

Edited by UNTcrazy727
  • Upvote 3

As I recall, I said a few weeks ago if we wanted to sell out games we needed to embrace Denton culture. People heavily disagreed on here.

Pan Ector, now this...

...but that's none of my business.

Can you explain more? This seems like a Denton business embracing UNT culture.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ryan and I both are incensed whenever we see the tired refrain of "Denton hates UNT and would never support football!!" on here, when we have seen the exact opposite from Denton businesses and culture for nearly the whole time we've been here.

So, sarcasm comes easy whenever an example comes up.

• Upvote 1

Ryan and I both are incensed whenever we see the tired refrain of "Denton hates UNT and would never support football!!" on here, when we have seen the exact opposite from Denton businesses and culture for nearly the whole time we've been here.

So, sarcasm comes easy whenever an example comes up.

I agree with you.  I live here, and pretty much see exactly what you guys are seeing.  Now, it needs to be said that Denton has come a long way since my first go-round as a resident, which was 1992-1998.  But during that time, the population has essentially doubled, and new business owners have changed a lot of the old-school attitudes, and it's going to keep changing in a positive way, I hope.

to the owners, who I believed were from Colorado before coming to Denton just a few years ago, I beseech thy forgiveness. 

Well, since they are not long time residence of Denton that would explain a lot. Perhaps they come from a community in Colorado that fully supports their local college sports team. Things would be different if these people were born and bred in Denton and grew up in the old Denton culture. 

The lesson here is if you want to change the culture in Denton, let the old guard die out and/or get bought out by people who see the value of supporting their local University.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 1