Fan bus to the smu win ?

cogido

HOD style transportation is fine by me.

That's what you meant, right?

It'll take quite a while to get to SMU via train, especially if traveling from Denton.  You have to take the A-train down to the green line, then down to downtown Dallas to the Orange line that takes you up to SMU.  Your one shot on the return trip if you want to make it all the way back to Denton is to catch the Orange line from Mockingbird at 9:57.  Miss that, Uber's gonna be a friend of yours.

It'll take quite a while to get to SMU via train, especially if traveling from Denton.  You have to take the A-train down to the green line, then down to downtown Dallas to the Orange line that takes you up to SMU.  Your one shot on the return trip if you want to make it all the way back to Denton is to catch the Orange line from Mockingbird at 9:57.  Miss that, Uber's gonna be a friend of yours.

Orange, Blue, and Red all stop at Mockingbird Station.

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 1

We have 3 buses that are leaving from East Side/Oak St Drafthouse.  Mostly full already from the alumni packages that we sold, but we could look into adding another if there was enough interest.      Cost would be in the $20 range per head.  Please let me know.  #GMG

That sounds great! What time will the buses be leaving for SMU and when will they return?

Can we get some sort of pronouncement from the Alumni association/MGC on this matter?

Sure.  The Alumni Association is not contemplating sponsoring a bus.  SMU is way to close to Denton for that and there is already an alternative...the train and/or the busses that John Williams has set up from East Side I believe.  Several of us are already banding together to ride the train.  It really is no hassle if you plan your time properly, and we hope to fill a car or two or three with Mean Green Green.  But, we are not starting in Denton.  We will board in Carrollton.  Come join us on the train. No, this is not an organized ride....come board when we do, buy your own ticket and just enjoy the trip on the way to beating SMU on their home turf.  The ride back will be super fun after that Mean Green win.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Guys, just have your rich CEO father charter a helicopter... oh wait, wrong board sorry... :(

You know what's really funny?  I would hazard a guess that there are way more millionaire + fathers who graduated from UNT than from SMU.  Just by sheer numbers of grads alone if for no other reason.  

But, I do give you props for a great post.  Got to keep that stereotype going.  Makes for great rivals.

We have 3 buses that are leaving from East Side/Oak St Drafthouse.  Mostly full already from the alumni packages that we sold, but we could look into adding another if there was enough interest.      Cost would be in the $20 range per head.  Please let me know.  #GMG

You have anymore of those alumni packages available?

You know what's really funny?  I would hazard a guess that there are way more millionaire + fathers who graduated from UNT than from SMU.  Just by sheer numbers of grads alone if for no other reason.  

But, I do give you props for a great post.  Got to keep that stereotype going.  Makes for great rivals.

I'm doing it more in good faith fun/comedy than to make a put down. I'm not like Cougar Queen ya know...

Edited by malonish
  • Upvote 4

I'm doing it more in good faith fun/comedy than to make a put down. I'm not like Cougar Queen ya know...

Oh, I get that...I think we all enjoy your visits here.  Just making a point in trying to burst that old bogus stereotype if the rich SMU crowd.  I hired lots of SMU grads...well, relatively speaking "lots" as the total really isn't that great, and none were from what I would consider "rich families".  Just hard working middle class folks who usually worked as hard as anyone else and were a credit to their university and families, just like the UNT grads I hired.  I will admit to giving UNT (and Okie State) grads preferential hiring treatment however...not officially you understand, right?

• Upvote 1

Oh, I get that...I think we all enjoy your visits here.  Just making a point in trying to burst that old bogus stereotype if the rich SMU crowd.  I hired lots of SMU grads...well, relatively speaking "lots" as the total really isn't that great, and none were from what I would consider "rich families".  Just hard working middle class folks who usually worked as hard as anyone else and were a credit to their university and families, just like the UNT grads I hired.  I will admit to giving UNT (and Okie State) grads preferential hiring treatment however...not officially you understand, right?

;)

you are alright in my book. I also understand why you hang here. I went to y'all's board last year to be a good opponent fan and offer some advice on logistics for the game in Denton. I was really surprised by the lack of activity over there. Seemed like the same 4 people posting all the time (as opposed to the same 35 or 40 here). The lack of activity was surprising. 

Cougar Queen is here strictly to seek attention, like so many a Facebook poster. I just ignore him for the most part.

You I kinda like.

• Upvote 1

Yes we have about 40 packages left for the Alumni Section.  $100  and that gets you 5 home game tickets, shuttle to and from, SMU ticket, bus shuttle to SMU game, an awesome UNT t shirt and  beer after each game.

Also we will be starting to sell bus/Smu ticket packages and beer for tailgating for only $40 tomorrow.   Buses depart at East Side at 2:30.  We have 4 buses that hold 56 people.  Please sign up early for this.  Bus and tailgate beer will be $25.   Please bring CASH.  GMG!!

Edited by John Williams
  • Upvote 3

Yes we have about 40 packages left for the Alumni Section.  $100  and that gets you 5 home game tickets, shuttle to and from, SMU ticket, bus shuttle to SMU game, an awesome UNT t shirt and  beer after each game.

Also we will be starting to sell bus/Smu ticket packages and beer for tailgating for only $40 tomorrow.   Buses depart at East Side at 2:30.  We have 4 buses that hold 56 people.  Please sign up early for this.  Bus and tailgate beer will be $25.   Please bring CASH.  GMG!!

John...this is fantastic!  What you guys do to support UNT and the Denton Community as a whole is above and beyond what anyone could expect.  You guys are setting the bar extremely high for other civic minded folks and businesses in Denton.  Thanks to all the Oak Street, East Side and Silo on 7th folks for all you do.  You are making the communities in which you live and work better places for a lot if people.  Well done...well done.  Cannot thank you enough.

• Upvote 4

John...this is fantastic!  What you guys do to support UNT and the Denton Community as a whole is above and beyond what Mean Green fans have come to expect.  You guys are setting the bar extremely high for athletic department promotions and ticket office personnel in Denton.  Thanks to all the Oak Street, East Side and Silo on 7th folks for all you do.  You are making the communities in which you live and work better places for a lot if people.  Well done...well done.  Cannot thank you enough.

Fixed

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2