Harry

I don't see the logic behind coach Mac tweeting this. Everyone already knows McNulty is the starter heading into the season. I think there are better ways for him to publicly support McNulty, like taking him to media day.

After four seasons in the system, I have no doubt McNulty has a great understanding of the offense. I believe he has probably learned how to check off to the correct play after reading defenses. He seems like a sharp young man. My concern is does he have enough arm strength, and is he athletic enough to buy extra time, should our rebuilt O-line struggle, because we have very good talent at RB, WR, and the TE positions.

But, I agree with coach Mac. I can't wait to get the season started.

• Upvote 3

"A positive mindset can get you through anything. Can't wait to get the season started! "

Ok then coach. 

I'm positive that if ya'll keep trying to push Greer into the back-up role instead of giving all the other candidates a fair chance at moving up the depth chart, we are going to have a repeat of last years QB debacle. And the likelihood of ever getting a viable QB in our program in the future will become even more remote.

I'm positive that if our QB candidates are in constant fear of making mistakes during a game, thus hindering their development, we are going to have about as much offensive production as we had last year.......if that. 

I'm positive that if you don't let Coach Canales run the offense unfettered this year, we are never going be any better than middle of the pack in our division.....if we're lucky.

This is social media savvy on a level of Dickey.

Well, if it was Dickey it would be something like "don't let the fans get you down". Otherwise their approach to the game is exactly the same.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 2

I have no problem with people taking exception with Coach Mac's tweet, but some seem to be belittling McNulty. McNulty is a member of our team. When he takes the field he is doing his best and representing our university. I think he deserves a little more respect from some on this board. I'd like to believe we can all agree to keep the discussion civil, without diminishing a player on our team.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 3

I have no problem with people taking exception with Coach Mac's tweet, but some seem to be belittling McNulty. McNulty is a member of our team. When he takes the field he is doing his best and representing our university. I think he deserves a little more respect from some on this board. I'd like to believe we can all agree to keep the discussion civil, without diminishing a player on our team.

Agreed.

The coaching staff has done a poor job of getting a legit D1 quarterback in here.

The talented quarterbacks that we have had, the coaching staff was unwilling to allow them to go through the growing pains necessary to develop (even in clearly lost seasons)

McNulty sits atop the depth chart based on his tenure, and not any exceptional on-field performance.  And the "he's such a swell guy who tries hard" line is acceptable in YMCA leagues, not D1 football.

There is legitimate concern over whether McNulty is capable of performing well enough to utilize the new weapons we have or to make defenses respect the pass

None of the above are McNulty's fault and we shouldn't blame him for what lies ahead. 

• Upvote 5