SMU Tailgate Package

Fry Guy

I remember SMU game tickets being listed in the season ticket package. I can't recall if the tailgate was mentioned as well. Does anyone recall this? I would have paid for both at the time if it was listed like that.

I believe that season ticket holders can review purchases online from their "Tickets and Mean Green Club" account. From the home page, click on the "Manage My Tickets" link to see an event calendar displaying all of your current ticket purchases. There should be an entry for "SMU Tailgate Event" on September 12, if you've already made payment for that event.

Edited by Fry Guy
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

This link isn't working.  Can someone post whatever details are available? Do kids need tickets? Can you come and go as you please? Is alcohol included, or if cash bar can you bring a cooler? Is parking available? 

That sounds like a call to the Ticket Office is needed.  I don't recall seeing any such details being sent out at this point.

I would guess all guests -- children (above a certain age?) and adults -- will need a ticket.  SMU can answer the questions about parking but I know it is sparse.

I got my SMU game and tailgate tickets at Apogee yesterday (Monday) morning. Ignore the SMU seating chart as that is not what they are using for this game. The $35 tickets bought through the ticket office will be in the lower decks, approximately sections 117-118 over to 121-122, and the UNT students will be in the upper sections of the same area. Seating will be assigned and tickets sent out by MGC priority number once orders are closed. I saw a post elsewhere that 20-25 student busses are going. The number told me yesterday was much higher with 52 passengers per bus. The tailgate is $20 in advance for MGC members, and will include music and barbecue. Two locations are currently under consideration, including one near the parking lot designated for UNT just south of University Drive. 

In response to another comment on a different thread, I noticed a small stock of the straw hats with a UNT ribbon for sale in the store.

Got my season tickets via UPS/USPS today. Parking passes include one for C-USA championship game if played at Apogee. Thinking we sometimes get what we wish for, I would love to see some more positive thinking such as that on this board.

• Upvote 3