NT/TCU Medical School Collaboration

It'll be TCU school of medicine inside of 5 years. 

Mark it. 

Leave me out of it!  Ha!  If UNT comes up with its share of the funds...all from private donors...the UNTHSC name WILL be on it...if they cannot, it will be under just the TCU name.  TCU does not have the facilities to support a med school on its own, so this is a great partnership driven by private funds during its start up phases.

My only concern is this...and I have stated it before...UNT has the nations premier OD school right now.  Adding MD's to the mix could...could...work to dilute the OD program to the extent that it is no longer considered a premier OD school and research program.  MD's and OD's do have a challenge in "mixing together" as many MD's have long seen OD's as a tad "lessor" of a medical degree.  I simply do want this to become just another also ran school of OD medicine after a few years of graduating MD's.  The program for MD's will need to be certified before its first crop od MD's are set to graduate.  Lots of work ahead, but this is another positive notch in the belt of the entire UNT system.

Way to go UNT.  And, this is great to see these two fine educational institutions teaming up to enhance and advance post-graduate educational opportunities in the north Texas region.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

This is UNT selling the med school. If you think TCU is honestly going to partner with UNT some 3 miles from it's campus, you have a severe misunderstanding of Fort Worth politics.

So long, Health Science Center. You will be sold down the river by the BOR and Dallas Lee much like UNT law was given to a start up college. 

Divesting in UNT. It's a tradition. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This is UNT selling the med school. If you think TCU is honestly going to partner with UNT some 3 miles from it's campus, you have a severe misunderstanding of Fort Worth politics.

So long, Health Science Center. You will be sold down the river by the BOR and Dallas Lee much like UNT law was given to a start up college. 

pure crap-ola.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I actually lean your direction on this matter. Admittedly I don't know all the details regarding this merger.  With that said in business he who controls the purse strings generally wields the power. I would not be shocked if our HSC has the TCU name on it in the future.

• Upvote 2

pure crap-ola.

we shall see. Remind me again, what university is that law school linked to? Cause it sure as hell isn't UNT Denton.

Like everything with UNT, just a bunch of people who don't give a damn about the university looking out for their and their friends' best interest. 

I actually lean your direction on this matter. Admittedly I don't know all the details regarding this merger.  With that said in business he who controls the purse strings generally wields the power. I would not be shocked if our HSC has the TCU name on it in the future.

anyone who has a clue about Fort Worth politics knows that at this very moment, TCU is laying plans to snake the medical school away from UNT. TCU has all the political clout and a huge amount of power in Fort Worth. They aren't going to share that with a school they view as inferior.

Does anyone seriously think Dallas Lee gives a crap about a med school that is outside the Dallas County border? Hell no. 

• Upvote 1

oh good. UNT90's back. 

At least he stands for something and says what he thinks about school collaborations on medical schools. You gotta respect that, especially when so many of the younger generation just wants to play video games and let someone else decide how to evaluate the long-term benefits of a non-traditional medical school partnership.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

At least he stands for something and says what he thinks about school collaborations on medical schools. You gotta respect that, especially when so many of the younger generation just wants to play video games and let someone else decide how to evaluate the long-term benefits of a non-traditional medical school partnership.

respect that even when he's democracy endingly wrong? 

• Upvote 2

Hit a little close to home there partner?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Hit a little close to home there partner?

By re-professing your love for 90? I get it; he's the closest thing you have to an online friend. I'd call it a bromance, but if you guys were to wrestle and something slid in, Lonnie would have to sadly put you both down with a single tear in his eye.

• Upvote 6

By re-professing your love for 90? I get it; he's the closest thing you have to an online friend. I'd call it a bromance, but if you guys were to wrestle and something slid in, Lonnie would have to sadly put you both down with a single tear in his eye.

you know this is secretly what you want from me. It has been ever since Hot Springs. Why can't you respect my hetrosexuality? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just want to make sure everyone is clear that it's 

UNTHSC not UNT.

Different schools, different presidents, different politics. TCU and UNTHSC has had academic and research partnerships already in place for years.

UNTHSC has tried in the past to reinstate the MD program with no success, and this will finally push them over the edge. They've got a clinic, they've got new facilities, and they keep on building.

UNTHSC has academic respectability and medical/research clout in its own right, which is why TCU is even interested.

TCU taking over UNTHSC? Pish posh.

And the parking? Amazing.

• Upvote 4

Just want to make sure everyone is clear that it's 

UNTHSC not UNT.

Different schools, different presidents, different politics. TCU and UNTHSC has had academic and research partnerships already in place for years.

UNTHSC has tried in the past to reinstate the MD program with no success, and this will finally push them over the edge. They've got a clinic, they've got new facilities, and they keep on building.

UNTHSC has academic respectability and medical/research clout in its own right, which is why TCU is even interested.

TCU taking over UNTHSC? Pish posh.

And the parking? Amazing.

Correct.  It is the UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS Health Science Center.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Not really. 

Creating a fake name and then changing it to suit your hypothetical doesn't really make your point. 

The OD school is the Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine. I'm sure it will follow an region-encompassing title such as TCOM. 

Besides, the marketing departments will be pissed to have to print so many letters. 

• Upvote 2

Not really.

Creating a fake name and then changing it to suit your hypothetical doesn't really make your point.

The OD school is the Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine. I'm sure it will follow an region-encompassing title such as TCOM.

Besides, the marketing departments will be pissed to have to print so many letters.

Marketing Departments? Whats that?