Agnes Greene, UNT alumna, wife of Mean Joe, passes according to post by Earl Campbell

Baby Arm!

Thoughts and Prayers to the Greene family

From 24//7sports.com

A post on former Houston Oilers great Earl Campbell's Facebook page says that legendary Steelers defensive lineman Joe Greene's wife Agnes has passed away.

"Thoughts and prayers to my friend and Pittsburgh Steeler Joe Greene who's wife just passed," the post reads. "The world is going miss such a great woman. She always said hello to me at the hall of fame and was always so generous. You and your family are in my prayers Joe."

We haven't seen any other confirmation of this news, although Campbell's Facebook is a verified account. Click here to see the post.

Greene and Campbell made for a famous moment on the football field back in 1980.

"One of the memorable hits Greene inflicted on Campbell occurred during the Jan. 6, 1980 AFC Championship game and was voted by Steelers fans as the fourth-greatest play in Three Rivers Stadium history as part of the team's Last Season Celebration," says Steelers.com.

Edited by Baby Arm!
  • Upvote 4

Wonderfully good woman who I had the good fortune to know through our being on the Alumni Assn. board of directors together.  So sorry to hear this...condolences to Joe and the family.

• Upvote 5

Agnes was on the BOD of Alumni Association ( then the North Texas Exes) . She was a very active board member during my Presidency, and always acknowledged our service together to Joe. Have known her since Joe and I were classmates picking up our respective future wives at Clark Hall. A great North Texan, wife to the greatest North Texas player of all time and mother to two former players. Can't think of anyone that can top that. RIP Agnes UNT will miss you.

• Upvote 6