Breakdown of C-USA TV games

Harry

According to fbschedules.com, four C-USA schools -- Western Kentucky, Rice, Louisiana Tech and Florida Atlantic -- will have all 12 games televised. Marshall, Texas-San Antonio, Southern Mississippi, and UNC Charlotte, which plays its first season in the league, will have 11 on TV.

ODU, Middle Tennessee and Texas-El Paso have ten games each set for TV and Florida International and North Texas each have nine.

read more:  http://hamptonroads.com/2015/06/odu-football-has-robust-tv-profile-also-reason-some-concern

Don't know where the Virginian-Pilot got 9 from unless they're assuming that the Iowa game will be on the Big 10 network and the Tennessee game will be on the SEC network. 

And I wouldn't be surprised to see TXA21 try to pickup the SMU game depending on kickoff time.

• Upvote 1

Don't know where the Virginian-Pilot got 9 from unless they're assuming that the Iowa game will be on the Big 10 network and the Tennessee game will be on the SEC network. 

And I wouldn't be surprised to see TXA21 try to pickup the SMU game depending on kickoff time.

That was my assumption as well.

In 2014, all B1G and all SEC home games were televised. We will be on the Big 10 network and the SEC network, at the very least, so both of these games will be televised.

As of right now, the American has not announced their TV lineup for week 2 and the conference only has THREE home games that weekend so I expect that we'll be one of their TV slots; I know I'm biased, but I think ours is the most attractive. Nevertheless, 80% of AAC home games were televised in 2014. AAC home games week of 9/12:

- North Texas @ SMU 

- Temple @ Cincy

- Army @ UConn

The B1G only announced the TV schedule for the first three weekends. We might not find out our TV slot for that game until September, but I bet it's the Big Ten Network at like 11am or 2:30pm. The SEC probably won't announce the November games TV until October, but again my guess is SEC Network. The SEC has a pretty salty slate that day (see below). Two games will be picked up on CBS (11 and 2:30), two will be picked up by ESPN, and one is scheduled to be picked up by ESPN2. That leaves 4 to be picked up the SECN or ESPN3.

conference games:

Georgia @ Auburn

Arkansas @ LSU 

Alabama @ Mississippi State

Florida @ South Carolina 

Kentucky @ Vanderbilt

ooc:

North Texas @ Tennessee

Western Carolina @ Texas A&M

BYU v Missouri (Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City)

It looks like our only non-televised games will be Southern Miss and Portland State, but didn't TXA21 pick up both Texas Southern and Nicholls State? Either way, I'm hoping that means a nice 6pm kickoff for Portland State.

Why are we the bastards of the league? 

After our 9-4 season, we had all 12 home games televised last year.

​I think our lack of coverage this upcoming season has more to do with that 4-8 record in 2014 and the fact that, per the CUSA board on csnbbs, our home games were some of the least viewed/lowest ratings in the whole conference last season. 

• Upvote 3