CBS ‘Hot Seat’ rankings: Mac gets a "Safe but you never know"

Harry

We are 0-2 versus an upstart UTSA program built with some FCS level talent. No North Texas jobs should be safe. Just my opinion.

It's not just UTSA. UTSA wasn't bad and beat or hung in with established programs. He had one good season then laid a duck last year. He blamed it on the other guy for a while, then won a bowl game with many of the other guy's recruits. Then last year, he speaks publicly about how hard it is to recruit in Denton. Basically telling all his current players they suck. If he fails again this year UNT needs to reevaluate the coaching  choice.

I like him but he needs to think before he speaks and find a damn QB. We had far far far better QBs when we were D1aa. So don't tell me we can't get them here. I don't have time or the knowledge to go over every other position but they need to improve too.

In the end, if UNT gets rid of him then they need to pony up real money for a coaching staff to get competitive, but we know that's not in the cards so Mac ain't gonna be going anywhere. So, let's hope he does a better job and our AD learns to schedule better.

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 4