'16 RB Tyrone Middleton (San Antonio Southwest) - UNT Commit 6/14/2015

Watch his Hudle Highlights - he most definitely does not have club hands. Probably jazz hands. Read in a few places that Texas was interested in him as a DB and Colorado State also offered as a RB. Better coaching from an ex-RB coach and ex-FB in Seth Littrell can probably help fix some of those things. He's only played football for a few years. 

Good to know that if he doesn't pan out as an RB, he could make in impact in the secondary.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 2

I heard they were actually Jazz Hands.

You are correct.  I went back and read the medical report.  He has Jazz Hands and Club Feet.  Oh, and noted at the bottom was that he is blind in one eye and the other is made of glass....unbreakable I would presume.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why don't y'all lay off of Tyrone ,I'm a fellow peer of his ,I go to his school an the guy is a great guy,y'all would be lucky to have a guy like him,the guy is new to football , if he gets the chance to play under a good coach help thrive, he's not perfect but beggers can't be choosers ,again he's new to football lay of the kid ,he's only 17. If y'all were given such a short time to learn so much in such little time I'm pretty sure yall would fail too. Just watch under our new coach I'm sure he'll thrive and his stats will go trough the roof while he gets most of the workload and he will get noticed and he will pass on the low lifrs of what is north texas football. I mean y'all are bagging on teenager who was willing to commit even knowing it wasn't going to be pretty.  The season was terrible ,he was walking into dumpster fire and he was fine ,so y'all should apprciate this kid for even taking y'all into consideration .

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 11

7 minutes ago, SamTheSportsGuy said:

Why don't y'all lay off of Tyrone ,I'm a fellow peer of his ,I go to his school an the guy is a great guy,y'all would be lucky to have a guy like him,the guy is new to football , if he gets the chance to play under a good coach help thrive, he's not perfect but beggers can't be choosers ,again he's new to football lay of the kid ,he's only 17. If y'all were given such a short time to learn so much in such little time I'm pretty sure yall would fail too. Just watch under our new coach I'm sure he'll thrive and his stats will go trough the roof while he gets most of the workload and he will get noticed and he will pass on the low lifrs of what is north texas football. I mean y'all are bagging on teenager who was willing to commit even knowing it wasn't going to be pretty.  The season was terrible ,he was walking into dumpster fire and he was fine ,so y'all should apprciate this kid for even taking y'all into consideration .

I am assuming you didn't catch what was going on in the comments.  They were not bagging on Tyrone.  Quite the opposite actually. 

What is Tyrone's story?  Is he going to go another year of HS?  There was some confusion as to him trying to graduate early.  He has decided to take more HS classes?  Does he plan to graduate mid term next year?

14 minutes ago, SamTheSportsGuy said:

Idk where this came from he was one of my favorite recruits

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, SamTheSportsGuy said:

Huh. I think, uh, you don't know what you're talking about. Move along. 

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, SamTheSportsGuy said:

Very few players have ever been bashed here in the forum.    A recent exception was when our (previous) head coach forced a QB to start who was obviously not fit for the spot (or not coached well enough).      Even in that case it was more fan frustration directed at the coach than the QB.     

When times get slow here it is usually 100% sarcasm 90% of the time.   Looking forward to having your friend on board !

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SamTheSportsGuy said:

Grammar. Do they teach it in San Antonio?

But for real, everyone here would love for Tyrone to end up at UNT. The kid can play. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

Grammar. Do they teach it in San Antonio?

But for real, everyone here would love for Tyrone to end up at UNT. The kid can play. 

I could understand what he was saying.  I do think we misunderstand the ability of others to come into a months long thread and figure out where it took a turn to the ironic and appreciate our subtle wit.  I think the recent GMG members are just here for the players, and those players really are what this time of year is about.

8 minutes ago, eulessismore said:

I could understand what he was saying.  I do think we misunderstand the ability of others to come into a months long thread and figure out where it took a turn to the ironic and appreciate our subtle wit.  I think the recent GMG members are just here for the players, and those players really are what this time of year is about.

I could definitely understand both what he was saying and where he was coming from. It is difficult to pick up on sarcasm and humor when you're just reading words on a screen. 

Doesnt change the fact that those first few sentences were brutal, grammatically speaking. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

I could definitely understand both what he was saying and where he was coming from. It is difficult to pick up on sarcasm and humor when you're just reading words on a screen. 

Doesnt change the fact that those first few sentences were brutal, grammatically speaking

Yes, people need to get back to understanding the importance of writing a good sentence.  That said, some who have posted here recently have been better grammatically, but worse in making themselves understood.  I'm not so great a communicator, but keep trying to improve.

I am a close of Tyrone ,when he needs advice on making difficult decisions he comes to me and he is really thinking of decomitting from UNT. And I plan on doing everything in my power to convince to go trough with that thought . And ill let you know I'm going to Stanford next year as a mechanical engineer , I was a illegal  immigrant, now trough the dream act I'm making it in these United States, so I'm sorry my first language isn't English. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

16 minutes ago, SamTheSportsGuy said:

I am a close of Tyrone ,when he needs advice on making difficult decisions he comes to me and he is really thinking of decomitting from UNT. And I plan on doing everything in my power to convince to go trough with that thought . And ill let you know I'm going to Stanford next year as a mechanical engineer , I was a illegal  immigrant, now trough the dream act I'm making it in these United States, so I'm sorry my first language isn't English. 

why would you want him to decommit?

• Upvote 1

Pshh let him decommit. This is ridiculous. If you can't understand sarcasm then I'm sorry but everything was said in a joking manner. If this comment board is what he will base his decision on regarding where he will spend the next 4 to 6 years of his life then so be it. Welcome to the adult world. It's a going to be a bumpy ride if you let these kinds of comments dictate such a huge decision in your life. 

Congrats on going to Stanford to study electrical engineering. Unfortunately, that won't be enough to get you through life if you're that sensitive and insecure.

• Upvote 4

32 minutes ago, SamTheSportsGuy said:

Don't let a couple of internet posts jade your perception of an entire university.  We are a pretty dorked out bunch on GMG. Believe me, you will find dorks like us no matter where you go in life.

40 minutes ago, SamTheSportsGuy said:

What are his other options?  I think everyone on here reached out and explained the sarcasm behind the earlier posts regarding Tyrone.  I think some posters even sent you personal messages further trying to explain what was going on.  I think we have all be more than happy to have Tyrone as our first commit in this class, and if you can't understand that then so be it.  By the way, what is  your beef with North Texas?  Have you ever set foot on campus?  Have you ever been in Denton?  Congratulations on Stanford.  Not sure if I am a fan of the Dream Act letting people in to schools when more qualified candidates get passed over, but that is what our country has become.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1