Meet Zac Babb future UNT journalism major

Harry

​It's the Daily's job to make Athletics soar to new heights?  Funny, I though that was the Athletic Director's job?

​It certainly isn't their job at all. But if you think they have helped our athletic department more than they have hurt us, then I don't know what to say...there have been so many threads on gmg.com over the years dealing with this exact topic. As a matter of fact, Harry posted on this, knowing full well that the kid will have a negative impact on the athletic department by working at the NT Daily.

And the Athletic Director's job at most places is to win, not meet the budget every year, so this is example 678,456,345,123 of how we are different than everywhere else in FBS America...

Edited by untjim1995
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

​I lived in Denton, wrote for the Daily, was editor of the Daily and was a big supporter of UNT athletics. Corky Nelson, you are missed. Erric Pegram, our editing software hated your extra R as much as I loved watching you run. Keith Cash did not get a foot down on Sept. 24, 1988.

​Heh.  I remember disagreeing with a lot of what you wrote.  But you wrote it well.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
On 6/9/2015 at 0:12 PM, Harry said:

Here's to hoping we can change his mind over the next 4-5 years...

Took less than one and a half.

Apologize for the stupidity. Though I did circumvent the Daily and ended up at KNTU instead.

Go Mean Green.

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, TheTastyGreek said:

At least the 2nd biggest NT sports related mistake of your life. 

Though, if you're minoring in facepalm, you can do some great research. 

Minoring if Facepalm with a certificate in Jumping To Conclusions.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, TheTastyGreek said:

If you have any interest in a comparative studies audit of stubborn dumbassery, I think we have a 15+ year study group running. 

I'm in. As long as it includes BBQ and at least one flying worm mini helmet.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, ZacB said:

I'm in. As long as it includes BBQ and at least one flying worm mini helmet.

All you can eat. Just gotta listen to my thoughts on a possible new Southwest Conference and a holiday basketball tournament among the 4 metroplex schools.