Richard Lagow back in play at North Texas?

and Richard favorited that tweet.  He appears to be looking for a home for this Fall since he is a redshirt freshman (this past year)

http://www.scout.com/junior-college-football/story/1519786-still-available-qb-richard-lagow

With Dajon gone on to other things... do we have room for him, McNotGonnaWin and Smith to square off this fall?  He had the 2nd highest passing yards per game in Juco and if these stats are somehow accurate... a 99% completion rate  http://stats.njcaa.org/sports/fball/2014-15/players/richardlagowb1qf  Dude apparently only started in 7 games last year but threw for 2,900 yards and 29 touchdowns.  Suck me sideways.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/586266/highlights/250890380/v2

He has 5 offers now from SELA, PV A&M and others in the area but if we haven't given him the opportunity to come compete right away then we are just stoooooopid.  We have a serious situation at QB and everyone but the staff knows that Greer and McNotGonnaWin will not result in a winning season.  Means needs more time and Chumley is getting lip serviced until they have the scro to tell him to shift to another position.  We might have 25 Qbs but not one has proven to be a Div 1 QB and that means that there is room for someone else to make a splash.  I really hope Smith comes in and steals away any and all hopes that McNotGonnaWin starts but we know that probably won't happen for political reasons.  

The coaches need to give this guy a chance right now and start fall off with optimism rather than the current status of pessimism that has deeply affected this program and the fan's expectations of it.

I like it. We've got a pretty good group of talented young receivers to chase down his throws, and getting a QB on the field that was actually wanted by major programs out of high school would be a nice change around here. Besides, it wouldn't surprise the Hell out of me if we have another QB not show up this August. Where would that leave us then? Cisco or not, very impressive numbers. Why only 7 games? Any lingering injury issues?

Did he graduate from Cisco?  If not, he'd have to sit out a year, and that would only leave two years of eligibility.

Either way, I'm interested.  We'll still have to trim some excess fat from the QB roster to make room for him.

He qualified out of high school so he can leave whenever he wants.

• Upvote 4

I like it. We've got a pretty good group of talented young receivers to chase down his throws, and getting a QB on the field that was actually wanted by major programs out of high school would be a nice change around here. Besides, it wouldn't surprise the Hell out of me if we have another QB not show up this August. Where would that leave us then? Cisco or not, very impressive numbers. Why only 7 games? Any lingering injury issues?

Well, I'm not sure about programs, plural. UCONN was his only offer. ESPN listed an offer from us but I'm not sure we ever offered. All the other sites said we just had interest but never offered. He walked on at Oklahoma State.

Either way he'd be an okay pickup. 

I wonder if he's a serious contender for the starting job or just to add depth if in fact he does end up here.  I couldn't pull up his vid on my phone. He left Ok St bc of no chance of playing so I can't really forsee him coming here unless starting is at least a strong possibility. 

He appears to be very well connected with other college football players. If he's coming over here then there's a good chance he's very interested in coming. Could become more of a matter of if we offer or not, based on the fact that most schools recruiting him are FCS. If we get him then he'd be help out the future of our QB position more than this year. Especially considering what our situation is looking like with our young guys.

so...

get Lagow in here...he and Smith have an epic fall battle, which Smith ultimately wins by a hair and leads UNT to a 100th anniversary undefeated season. Hall of Fame threads begin mid-way through the season.

McNulty moves to safety and becomes an absolute destroyer on special teams. everyone on here pretends they always liked the kid and laud him for both his fearless play on the field and his clear team-first, selflessness for moving from quarterback so late in his career. Hall of Fame threads begin after game 8.

Connor Means gets legit third team reps and continues to grow in both ability and confidence. those "in the know" continue to claim he's the best quarterback on the roster. Sees mop-up duty in a 52-7 win over UTEP. Hall of Fame threads begin 2 hours later.

Greer continues to rock that red cap and play flip-cards like an effing champ. I might start a Hall of Fame thread for a laugh.

SilverEagle brings up Quin Shanbour every chance he gets.

SilverEagle for Hall of Fame?

• Upvote 4

so...

get Lagow in here...he and Smith have an epic fall battle, which Smith ultimately wins by a hair and leads UNT to a 100th anniversary undefeated season. Hall of Fame threads begin mid-way through the season.

McNulty moves to safety and becomes an absolute destroyer on special teams. everyone on here pretends they always liked the kid and laud him for both his fearless play on the field and his clear team-first, selflessness for moving from quarterback so late in his career. Hall of Fame threads begin after game 8.

Connor Means gets legit third team reps and continues to grow in both ability and confidence. those "in the know" continue to claim he's the best quarterback on the roster. Sees mop-up duty in a 52-7 win over UTEP. Hall of Fame threads begin 2 hours later.

Greer continues to rock that red cap and play flip-cards like an effing champ. I might start a Hall of Fame thread for a laugh.

nostradamus-occult.jpg

• Upvote 4

so...

Given.

Got any HSOs?

​This sounds positive:

“They’re not I-formation but they’re not in the shotgun 100 percent of the time. They mix it up. At Cisco, I run the spread throwing it around all game. In high school I could not have been further from that. I was under center play action, hand the ball of 50 times a game. I’m pretty comfortable with both. I’m really comfortable under center. I think I’d be a nice fit for a team that does a little bit of both because I can do a little bit of both.”

Sounds like he's going back to Cisco this year. Like I said, he doesn't have to but either we don't have a spot for him, we don't know if we want him yet, or he wants to go back to get recruited more. Still a guy to keep an eye on, but it sounds like there isn't really a chance we'll add him in time for the 2015 season. Maybe that changes with Dajon gone.

• Upvote 2

• 10 months later...