MGB breaking news -- Dajon Williams no longer a part of UNT program

Brett Vito

Dismissed sounds like he got kicked off but I am sure he wanted out too... Because he fell behind the others is a weak reason to dismiss someone. It is actually pretty unethical to discontinue a player's scholarship because he isn't as good as you hoped. I hope Dajon goes somewhere else and Lights it up! Tired of this defensive coache's offensive philosophy, there is no room for a learning curve with these guys. Even when the kid is a freshman, 7 tds and 4 ints is enough to get you benched and then kicked off the team. this whole thing is kinda weak to me. anyway, GMG!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

So we blame the coach?  Does anyone really know what happened? I loved his talent but often wondered about his commitment to working hard which is something our coaches demand and I agree with. 

For or his sake, I hope he finds a school and finishes his degree. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Wow.  I'm stunned.

Why?

edit:  well, interesting.  It was an honest question as I cannot why anyone would be stunned by this news knowing what we all feel was the relationship between DJ and Coach Mac.  It was apparent to all but the blind that DJ was and is not a Mac guy.  For whatever reason, DJ never got over the hump in being a Mac guy.  Coach Mac runs a certain type of program and it is pretty much going to be Mac's way or the highway.  Pretty much like lots of D1 HC's who take this stuff very seriously.  Bring in a gifted athlete who does not fit your mold and it pretty much becomes an oil and water thing.  They just don't mix.  Happens.  Too bad, but it does.  If you did not see this coming after last season, the suspension, the demotion to third team after spring ball, etc., etc. you just might have not been paying very close attention.  I don't know anyone who wasn't hoping thatvDajon would turn out to the the number one guy at UNT for several years.  But, it simply did not work out and it was pretty obvious that it wasn't going to work out for Dajon at UNT.  So...thus, being a pretty obvious outcome to me, the question of "why stunned".  I just wanted to know what I missed in being in no way stunned by this move.  That's all...pretty honest and simple question.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

Don't blame him one bit, the fact that he sat behind Greer and Mcnulty is laughable. Sure he turned it over, sure he probably didn't bust it every day, but does that really mean he was not the most talented player on the roster at his position? That falls on the coach to teach/coach/train him how to work hard and be a leader.  I am happy for DAJON to get a chance at a fair shot, bc he sure as heck wasnt going to get one here. This really irritates me, and don't feed me some bs about him not protecting the ball, don't put him in terrible situations, throwing on 2nd or 3rd and a mile inside your own 10 on some PA bootleg and expect something good to happen, I bet if mcnulty was QB we would have run an inside run and punted it. I bet Morris and Co, at SMU would have killed to get DAJON. GUUUUUUUHHHHH 

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 7

I could, maybe, see him coming out of spring camp as no. 2, but no. 3?  Never.

But he can complete down field passes more than 7 yards that automatically makes him ineligible to be a North Texas QB. 

• Upvote 2

There are a lot of things you can bash online journalism for; updating an article and hoping for more clicks are not among them.

True! if Brett doesn't repost with "Updated" then those of us who read it won't know to look again for the updates! Lot more details in the revision like the additional quarterbacks who will be around this Fall who are also competing for time.

• Upvote 3

Don't blame him one bit, the fact that he sat behind Greer and Mcnulty is laughable. Sure he turned it over, sure he probably didn't bust it every day, but does that really mean he was note he most talented player on the roster at his position? That falls on the coach to teach/coach/train him how to work hard and be a leader.  I am happy for DAJON to get a chance at a fair shot, bc he sure as heck wasnt going to get one here. This really irritates me, and don't feed me some bs about him not protecting the ball, don't put him in terrible situations, throwing on 2nd or 3rd and a mile inside your own 10 on some PA bootleg and expect something good to happen, I bet if mcnulty was QB we would have run an inside run and punted it. I bet Morris and Co, at SMU would have killed to get DAJON. GUUUUUUUHHHHH 

​Just to play the devil's advocate here -- You say "That falls on the coach to teach/coach/train him how to work hard and be a leader." 

Ok, I'll give you that. But at what point do you give up trying if he refuses to take on that role? 

Bear in mind, I'm not close to the team, just a casual acquaintance to one of the athletes and this is not coming from him. 

I'm honestly asking, because there seems to be a major dichotomy forming here -- either he was unfairly booted or he had this serious character/work ethic flaw and it's all on him. Perhaps the truth is a little more in between both extremes and all parties are to blame.

Personally, I'd like to hear more of the story before I start pointing blame anywhere.

• Upvote 4