MGB: UNT preliminary TV schedule out

Brett Vito

Not completely terrible...IF they aren't blacked out in half the regions, as were so many of last year's.  Even then, if they're available via online streaming, it's fine, but more often than not, that didn't happen.  AND they usually don't tell us until 4 or 5 days in advance if it'll be blacked out, which makes it really crappy when you're trying to schedule watch parties.

I hate playing on Fox College Sports. I don't have that channel. Having said that, I guess it's hard to complain about the schedule when we are coming off a 4 win season. I should just be glad we got 5 between Fox and CBS Sports. I'm sure the Tennessee game will be on the SEC Network, and the Iowa game will be on the Big 10 Network. ESPN might pick up the SMU game. I guess the ASN will pick up 2 or 3 of the remaining games.

• Upvote 2

I hate playing on Fox College Sports. I don't have that channel. 

​FiOS has it, but it's SD only. 

I really hate that we had Thursday night games of the week on FS1 during its first year, and since we've been relegated to CBS Sports. That network isn't worth anything until they can move from sports tier to basic tier for most cable providers.

Edited by ColoradoEagle

I hope the SMU game isn't on TV. I want it to be a later game. 11 am was brutal last year.

​So agree with this. If the SMU game is during the day, I'm not going. Last year sucked. Especially considering now the next week we play at 1:30 so another day game in most likely terrible heat. TV might be great for something, but it's beginning to make me not want to go to games.

• Downvote 1

​Get used to it.  It ain't getting better.  I foresee a G5 future of all weeknight games playing to cable contracts and empty stadiums.

​The working/traveling alumni hate them, but the students and local alumni seem to enjoy the Thursday night games, no matter where they are played. The Rice game on Halloween two years ago, as well as the ULL game the season before that really surprised me at the student turnout.

I don't mind the weekday games. What I do mind is hearing the alumnus' weak ass excuses as to why they couldn't make the game when the schedule is put out months in advance. 

The students will be out in full force, bank on that. 

​I sure hope that you never have to miss a football game because of other things in your life that you deem more important, that would be a tragedy. 

• Upvote 3

I miss games, but you will never hear me creating excuses months out to excuse myself from X game like what happens far too often from our alum base. 

Some alum write off even putting in an attempt to go to a Thursday game bc it simply falls on a Thursday. Put in to be off work one weekday in October now to ensure that you are there. It's not difficult. 

• Downvote 1

I miss games, but you will never hear me creating excuses months out to excuse myself from X game like what happens far too often from our alum base. 

Some alum write off even putting in an attempt to go to a Thursday game bc it simply falls on a Thursday. Put in to be off work one weekday in October now to ensure that you are there. It's not difficult. 

​People have different priorities in life and using a vacation day to go to a football game may not be a high one for some. Just because it is something that you want to do doesn't mean you should judge others for felling differently. We should not be in the habit of shaming other fans for making those kinds of choices, we need every fan we can get.

Edited by forevereagle
  • Upvote 4

I don't mind the weekday games. What I do mind is hearing the alumnus' weak ass excuses as to why they couldn't make the game when the schedule is put out months in advance. 

The students will be out in full force, bank on that. 

​So, if I'm not able to get that day off, provided my schedule doesn't change with maybe a week's notice, and drive down 6 hours, and then potentially drive 6 hours back to possibly work the next day, is that a weak ass excuse?

• Upvote 2

​So, if I'm not able to get that day off, provided my schedule doesn't change with maybe a week's notice, and drive down 6 hours, and then potentially drive 6 hours back to possibly work the next day, is that a weak ass excuse?

No, it's not a weak excuse at all. I am more so referring to local alum (1 hour or less drive to Apogee). If you fall in that category then yes it would be a lame duck excuse. 

I'm not 'judging" others by no means. I am pointing out an obvious problem. And if pointing out this obvious problem runs people off (for whatever reason) then so be it. 

• Downvote 2

I'm not 'judging" others by no means. I am pointing out an obvious problem. And if pointing out this obvious problem runs people off (for whatever reason) then so be it. 

What I do mind is hearing the alumnus' weak ass excuses as to why they couldn't make the game when the schedule is put out months in advance.  

​You have judged their reason for not attending as "weak ass". Week nights are inconvenient for people with a family and other obligations and to call them out based on your interpretation of their motivations for not spending 4+ hours (including travel, etc.) on a week night on a football game is a problem. 

• Upvote 2

​You have judged their reason for not attending as "weak ass". Week nights are inconvenient for people with a family and other obligations and to call them out based on your interpretation of their motivations for not spending 4+ hours (including travel, etc.) on a week night on a football game is a problem. 

​well...to be fair to Ben, he did say he's "not judging by no means". double-negative. he's totally judging the eff out of you and anyone else who'd prioritize say a long weekend in hill country, a golf trip to the gulf shores or an extra night in europe to a thursday night, c-usa football game

• Upvote 3

Weeknights are inconvenient, but if you want to be somewhere, you'll be there. I'd rather see people say, "I don't care enough to go" than to say, "Well, I get out of work late, and there's soccer practice for the kids, etc etc". It's one night out of the year, your boss will let you leave early or give you the day off if you ask far enough in advance, and little league soccer isn't going to collapse because your son/daughter missed a practice.

• Upvote 1

​well...to be fair to Ben, he did say he's "not judging by no means". double-negative. he's totally judging the eff out of you and anyone else who'd prioritize say a long weekend in hill country, a golf trip to the gulf shores or an extra night in europe to a thursday night, c-usa football game

​I'd miss the birth of a child for this, let alone a football game.

• Upvote 1