Conference USA 2014-2015

10Eagle10

The 2014-2015 athletic year has come to a close. This is a list of official conference championships recognized by CUSA including both regular season (RS) and tournament (T) championships; Cross Country, Swimming/Diving, Tennis, Gold, Track & Field (Indoor and Outdoor) only crown postseason champions.

Western Kentucky

Rice

North Texas

UTSA

MTSU

Marshall

FIU

Louisiana Tech

UTEP

Charlotte

Old Dominion

UAB

Southern Miss

Florida Atlantic

http://www.conferenceusa.com/championships/1415-c-usa-championships.html

• Upvote 1

Are you implying that RV doesn't suck as bad as some people say?

Don't take me out of context, we still must win in revenue sports. I liked hearing about golf and women's soccer success, but in the grand scheme of things these are ultimately irrelevant. I would however have those 3 championships than no championships at all.
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Don't take me out of context, we still must win in revenue sports. I liked hearing about golf and women's soccer success, but in the grand scheme of things these are ultimately irrelevant. I would however have those 3 championships than no championships at all.

Yep...tell those golfers, soccer players and cross country folks that what they work so hard to accomplish is "irrelevant". Nice. Their accomplishments are in no way irrelevant and I, for one, appreciate their hard work and dedication to being the best they can be and in bringing positive recognition to UNT.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Yep...tell those golfers, soccer players and cross country folks that what they work so hard to accomplish is "irrelevant". Nice. Their accomplishments are in no way irrelevant and I, for one, appreciate their hard work and dedication to being the best they can be and in bringing positive recognition to UNT.

Big picture, Kram. Of course I appreciate their efforts, but big picture.
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

UNT revenue sports are traditionally pathetic and teams like Soccer actually win year in and year out. You are also missing the point of college athletics, they are suppose to be in place to enhance the education of the actual students. Revenue sports, coaches, fans, the NCAA, and universities forgot that long ago. I'd rather take my girls to a UNT Soccer game rather than a UNT football game any day of the week because they have way more fun and they actually win against teams like OU, Baylor, TCU ect. They are not irrelevant at all. Very opposite from my favorite football team. And big picture you say? If that's the metric then our revenue sports are seriously irrelevant. Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 1