Growth in MGC and Season Tickets 2002-2014

Cerebus

Just now, Cerebus said:

Actually that data had weird line breaks and you had to go through it by hand to make sure the count was right.  I did that for one of the years.  

I didn't have any trouble getting it to work for me and I got 793 MGC members from the website with my quick method. Not sure if this is different from yours, but it is the 2015 data that is on the site.

In case you are curious...

Membership level Count
Platinum 15
Daimond 1
Emerald 15
Golden 27
Bronze 126
Victory 281
Green & White 262
Eagle 50
Recent Grad 16
Total 793

6 minutes ago, forevereagle said:

I didn't have any trouble getting it to work for me and I got 793 MGC members from the website with my quick method. Not sure if this is different from yours, but it is the 2015 data that is on the site.

In case you are curious...

Membership level Count
Platinum 15
Daimond 1
Emerald 15
Golden 27
Bronze 126
Victory 281
Green & White 262
Eagle 50
Recent Grad 16
Total 793

That is about right with what I came up with, but I don't have the XLS in front of me:

ODU88YY.jpg

What we're looking for now is the 2016 data.  

18 hours ago, forevereagle said:

That had to have been a factor for He Who Must Note Be Named's exit.

There is at least one that I know very well who did not re-up until the exit was a fait accompli. There had to be a few more.

Edited by EagleMBA

6 hours ago, EagleMBA said:

There is at least one that I know very well who did not re-up until the exit was a fait accompli. There had to be a few more.

I'm sure there are plenty (besides me) who didn't renew their MGC / season tickets until after the deadline to be listed in the program.

Edited by Stix
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
On 12/1/2016 at 4:08 PM, Cerebus said:

That is about right with what I came up with, but I don't have the XLS in front of me:

ODU88YY.jpg

Of those 8,700 graduates, how many of them are MGC members now?  

I know past under performance doesn't fall on The Wren™'s shoulders.  However, I hope some communication will be forthcoming from the AD on how it plans to increase participation in the MGC.

10 hours ago, Army of Dad said:

One has to wonder what alternate facts he will use when he gets to the men's basketball portion of the story...

Chances are there will be a new head coach, so there will be some excitement to build around that.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, Army of Dad said:

One has to wonder what alternate facts he will use when he gets to the men's basketball portion of the story...

Look we can't be mad when they don't say anything and then when they do say something just call it all lies. 

I mean we can, but I am not sure it is the right approach.

14 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Has he shown a tendency to not be factual?

Well, since "our story" has a coach who has never reached .500 in any season against D1 teams and that coach was left in place after four seasons of ineptitude to be well on his way to a winless conference season and has only won a single away game over the last two seasons I'd be curious how he's going to be factual in telling "our story" without sounding like we run the one of the lousiest programs in D1.

Where else would a coach get to coach his walk year after losing 20 games in half of his seasons? Then that coach gets to remain in place while guiding the program to a probable last place finish in conference play while likely missing out on the conference post season tournament losing 20+ games (again!).

That's going to be one hell of a story...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

And, there are probably underlying factors to why he has waited.  My guess would be #1 of those factors would be, based on the AD report, that he needed to be financially prudent and wait until he was able to hire a permanent replacement instead of an interim that would win maybe a few more games than Benford.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

On 12/1/2016 at 5:08 PM, Cerebus said:

ODU88YY.jpg

This is really, really sad.   It's always good to have goals, but they need to be attainable.  Apparently ours were too lofty.  SMH.

For whatever reason, UNT has just never been good at fund raising.  Recently as part of my estate planning, I contacted UNT in order to include North Texas as part of my planned giving.  They took down all my data and ensured me they would send me the necessary paperwork/forms to get my gift instructions on file.  That was about six weeks ago and I still haven't received the gift agreement.  It's crazy.  I'm going to have to call them back.  It shouldn't be this hard to give UNT money, but it always is. 

My son recently graduated from UConn (daughter is a current student there as well) and from the day he started, the school has been in contact with us to donate to athletics, the school of engineering, this fund, that fund, etc.  I always have to tell them no because they are getting enough money out of me and I donate (or at least try!) to my alma mater.  

As for the 2016 data, isn't that published in the game day programs?  It used to be.  You'd have to count by hand, but that would probably be faster than waiting for the web site to be updated.  

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 10:42 AM, Cerebus said:

Of those 8,700 graduates, how many of them are MGC members now?  

I know past under performance doesn't fall on The Wren™'s shoulders.  However, I hope some communication will be forthcoming from the AD on how it plans to increase participation in the MGC.

How many of those 8700 graduates have ever been to a home game for us? How many follow the team, even remotely?

I would love this to be a part of an "exit" interview via survey when these folks graduate, just to get a better idea of how much interest is really there. And from that, you could target alumni for MGC membership, season tickets, or even just game tickets.

RV sucked royally as an AD--lazy is putting it very mildly. I mean he got a little over 1% of all graduates in this timeframe that committed to the MGC in his tenure. Getting that figure to 2% would seem fairly easy for a competent AD and staff. But the reason I ask for some kind of interest gathering from the alums after they graduate is to gain an idea of if its reasonable to believe that we could see this number rise significantly higher or not. Its still abundantly clear that 98% of the alums, student body, faculty, administration, and local citizenry don't care enough to support us regularly, but again, if we just start with a reasonable growth plan and look to get a reasonable gain, we could see the MGC get up to 850 or more in 2017.

• 1 year later...