MGB: Interesting report on C-USA football ticket sales

Brett Vito

Right now Bret's sitting at home with a large bag of microwave popcorn and a CostCo bucket of cheeseballs, staring at the screen, waiting for the inevitable message board implosion.

maybe or maybe not, but regardless of what Brett is doing those numbers are still pitiful. Edited by Ben Gooding
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Why the heck are numbers going DOWN?

As for the $4k number... Really? We're the 2nd biggest University (#s-wise, behind FIU) in the conference, right? That's really pathetic.

There's lots to do in DFW. Also, a historical lack of interest in NT athletics has been a huge anchor when trying to build any fan momentum.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

And, remember, the economy has done nothnig but improve since our HoD Bowl win, so you cannot blame this drop on any macro-level economics.

We don't care about athletics here. Never have, never will. We like music and arts and cheap tuition.

At this point, though, I don't waht else can be done about it that the BOR will do.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I wonder what the numbers were in Fouts. My guess is the reason they are declining is the newness of Apogee is wearing off. Truly, pathetic and explains why those numbers are never reported by NT. I wonder what the source of these numbers are.

Best stadium in the conference, probably largest alumni base, and among largest schools; yet trailed everybody in season tickets sales expect barely edging out the smallest university in the league.

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 2

There's lots to do in DFW. Also, a historical lack of interest in NT athletics has been a huge anchor when trying to build any fan momentum.

Sure. I wouldn't expect a huge jump in numbers or anything, but after a 9-4 season with a bowl game win IN DALLAS, in which over 30K fans showed up... you would think the numbers between 2013 & 2014 would have gone UP, at least a little?

How did the numbers go down? That doesn't make any sense.

Excellent, I had the MGC numbers from 2001 -> 2014, and I had the season ticket numbers from 2001, but not for 2014. I'll post the numbers (with sources) when I get home tonight. (Buckle up.)

I do remember off the top of my head that in 2001 the AD set 10,000 season tickets as goal to hit by 2005... so we're a little behind on that.

They went down because of who is ultimately in charge how be it the BOR or the AD. It's easy to blame the BOR as it is RV, but RV has proven he isn't going to push the BOR out of their comfort zone or for all we know at all. So, why keep him around. .. put someone in place that is going to push them, even if it burns bridges. We need new blood as our AD and these numbers are just another cherry on top. It's painfully obvious what needs to happen.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Everyone knows you can buy walk up. There's no demand. No reason to get stuck with tickets when TV picks up a game and forces us to play at 11:00 am Ssturday. Thursday nights or Saturday at 2:00 or 7:00 or whatever the time is people complain about.

Edited by filmerj
  • Upvote 1

UNT can't expect big numbers in this department because the product is bad and people will find other stuff to do on a Saturday in DFW. Especially when they bring in juggernauts like Portland State. Half my buddies don't want to attend that pillow fight and I can't blame them a bit.

Add so few home games, one on a Thursday night, and a 1AA team for Homecoming and people aren't flocking to the games. Moreover, UNT is painful to watch. They gut me weekly every Fall year after year.

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1