Erick Evans talks about decision to transfer, Boise

Harry

It wasn’t too long ago when Erick Evans was the talk of practice at UNT.

The former Seagoville standout arrived from the Air Force Academy’s prep school and made a name for himself in spring practice a year ago.

Now Evans is gone.

The sophomore has elected to transfer. I will have a notebook in tomorrow’s paper that goes over some of what took place in the last couple of days around the UNT athletic department. That story will include quite a bit on Evans, who I talked to today.

Read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2015/05/evans-talks-about-decision-to-transfer-boise-state-schedules-two-c-usa-teams.html/

It wasn’t too long ago when Erick Evans was the talk of practice at UNT.

The former Seagoville standout arrived from the Air Force Academy’s prep school and made a name for himself in spring practice a year ago.

Now Evans is gone.

The sophomore has elected to transfer. I will have a notebook in tomorrow’s paper that goes over some of what took place in the last couple of days around the UNT athletic department. That story will include quite a bit on Evans, who I talked to today.

Read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2015/05/evans-talks-about-decision-to-transfer-boise-state-schedules-two-c-usa-teams.html/

I was thinking last season that he wasn't getting any touches after he fumbled in the UAB game, and it doesn't appear that he did. Other than that one mistake, I thought he was exciting to watch, and more important, productive when he was on the field. I think he'll do well somewhere; that kind of speed is hard to find.

Edited by eulessismore
  • Upvote 1