I couldn't go with a big name team...started following once they were promoted due to seeing some torchwood episodes from wales...so the swans fascination started. Their story of promotion is great...year after year, they succeeded and play an enjoyable form.

There's no questioning soccer is a team sport. TFC has two, maybe even 3 guys that make more than the entire FCD roster and still couldn't manage a win.

Tale of two halves. They definitely won the second, Gio went into beast mode the same way Castillo did in the first half. If they could manage a defense that wasn't complete dog sh-t they'd do okay.

I'm a fervent Arsenal and USMNT supporter. I want to be more into MLS, but I just can't seem to get myself into it consistently...I want to support the Timbers as that has been the only real positive MLS stadium experience I've had (went to a few games when Dallas was still the Burn and playing at the Cotton Bowl...ugh...zero atmosphere; tried a Revs match at Gillette and same thing), but they're opposite side of the country...I'm not going to Jersey so Red Bulls are out...Mix Diskerud is one of my favorite USMNT players, and I can't wait to see his growth playing alongside Lampard, but a Yankee/Citeh owned club is not getting my support.

Agree that the whole FCD experience is light years beyond what it used to be. Weekend night games in the summer are, dare i say, electric.

Also, Everton guy here. Not thrilled with this season, but playing better lately and damn happy to finally be safely clear of relegation. (my god i can't believe i just typed that kill me)

Double Date with Lukaku and Castillo?

the best thing to come out of Everton's season for me is that it's tempered talk of Martinez being the eventual successor to Arsene Wenger.

Everton need a big squad shake-up in the Summer...take City's money if they come in for Barkley (he's not that good)...Miralles to Spurs for cash and Lennon on a permanent deal...cull the likes of Kone, McGeady, Distin, Gibson, Pienaar...add another center-half to push Stones and replace Jagielka in a few seasons, a winger, creative midfielder and a loan move for a second striker...say, Winston Reid, James Milner, Steven Defour and United's James Wilson on loan. that'd give you Lukaku, Wilson up front with Naismith capable there or in behind or on the wing...Milner and Lennon wide...Defour in the hole, with Besic, Barry, McCarthy and Osman rounding out an industrious midfield.

the best thing to come out of Everton's season for me is that it's tempered talk of Martinez being the eventual successor to Arsene Wenger.

Everton need a big squad shake-up in the Summer...take City's money if they come in for Barkley (he's not that good)...Miralles to Spurs for cash and Lennon on a permanent deal...cull the likes of Kone, McGeady, Distin, Gibson, Pienaar...add another center-half to push Stones and replace Jagielka in a few seasons, a winger, creative midfielder and a loan move for a second striker...say, Winston Reid, James Milner, Steven Defour and United's James Wilson on loan. that'd give you Lukaku, Wilson up front with Naismith capable there or in behind or on the wing...Milner and Lennon wide...Defour in the hole, with Besic, Barry, McCarthy and Osman rounding out an industrious midfield.

I like the way you think....well, in soccer posts that is. :-). OK in some of your other sparring as well. :-)

When Coventry City was relegated a few years back it was a big time bummer for me. Haven't grabbed onto another PL team in a big way since but sort of follow several including Arsenal and Everton. I know, I know...split loyalties and all that. Just wait until Coventry City comes back up!

Edited by KRAM1
  • Downvote 1

I couldn't go with a big name team...started following once they were promoted due to seeing some torchwood episodes from wales...so the swans fascination started. Their story of promotion is great...year after year, they succeeded and play an enjoyable form.

While Liverpool is definitely a big name team they have struggled in recent years a little bit. Ultimately I wanted a non-London team with American ownership not named Manchester United. Also, it's where the Beatles are from so...I guess Sunderland and Aston Villa would have also fit the criteria. Liverpools song though is You'll Never Walk Alone which the Green Brigade plays after every home game. That was the clincher.