It's pretty awesome how loud the Rangers fans are tonight.

UNT90 has more posts than the Astros have butts in seats. Probably all skipped to protest Bud Adams.

Well..... RYAN TOLD US HOW MUCH THEY HATE DALLAS

HAHAHAHAHALOLOLOLOLOHAHAHAH1!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I love the "Houston's dirty" argument because Dallas barely has a town to be dirty. It's more of a large suburb.

And judging off of Harry Hines, Dallas is pretty dirty in other...things.

Because Houston is just such a urban-centric metropolis. Spring, The Woodlands, etc. Houston sprawls further than even Dallas. Real original arguments though, funny as how all the things you've said about Dallas have been said about Houston. Is Houston the coolest city ever now and not Denton anymore because you're moving back?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Nah. Why should he embrace Houston sports history that predates the Goblet of Fire becoming a portkey? Get with the times, grandpa.

Wow. Houston is bigger than Dallas? Stop the presses.

Cool that Houston took up the motto of incorporate and swallow up every bit of land in Southeast Texas. I guess.

If 1.25 million people is small to you, then have fun with your 24/7 ball sweat from March to November. I got a spare bed for ya the next time you gotta evacuate for a hurricane.

• Upvote 2

If you're saying the actual urban core of Houston is smaller than Dallas, you're not paying attention.

No...didn't imply that at all. And I've been to Houston's urban core, it's nothing special.

I'll enjoy not getting shut in for a week because DFW is in a perpetual state of being stunned at the yearly ice/snow storm, and still hasn't invested in plows.

Snow plows don't do much for ice, dude.

Sorry, I know that in Dallas "urban core" really only means downtown. Every other major city has a wider definition.
Oh?

And...clearly you've never lived in the North. They plow sleet, snow, whatever. DFW still won't invest in salt domes and plows, and then wonders why it has to close the city for a week every year in January.

You can't plow ice...if you try then it'll pull up road reflectors and you've got a bigger problem. Nevermind the damage that they do to road you are plowing. In Chicago there's 2 seasons - snow and road construction. And DFW invests in plenty of salt trucks, try again.

Edited by Coffee and TV
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Uh, wrong again. You can plow sleet if you get it before it gets layered on the road. Slush can also be plowed. My family is from Cleveland and Detroit...spent a few winters there. C'mon man.

DFW has sand trucks that have a special "salt" mixture added to them...as in 10% salt and 90% sand. Sand is useless and makes the roads worse. They don't have salt domes to melt the ice and snow like every city where it snows/sleets has.

Literally, they admitted it back in 2011.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/weather/stories/Icy-Roads-Remain-So-Why-No-Salt-115142419.html

Dallas doesn't do it because there's too many roads? Have you been on 35E, recently, or any Denton road? You literally can't do any worse.

good luck living in Houston. It's a nice city but if you drive anywhere in the core, prepare for frequent front end alignments from the huge craters called pot holes.

Is there really a hardcore sports rivalry between Dallas and Houston? As a dfw native and fan of the teams in that area I don't really see it.

Rangers and Astros: don't see it, we've only been in the same division for two seasons. There's no real bad blood between the two teams like the Rangers have with the A's and Angels. I've never thought of the 'Stros as a rival, they've just been another team in a different league, that's pretty much it. i guess if you think the silver boot is really rad then it's a rivalry, but does anybody really care about that? (The answer should be no, it was a horrible idea to start with, and it's dumb they still do it).

Cowboys and Texans: As a Cowboys fan, I could care less about the Texans. I don't mean that in a rude way, they just don't register as a rival, at all. Texans have only been around since 2002, they are in a different conference, they don't play enough to make it mean anything. It's always seemed to me that Texans fans try to make this a rivalry way more than Cows fans do. Cows have rivals in the Redskins, Eagles and Giants. When they play those teams it means something, not so much for the Texans.

Mavs and rockets: Meh, maybe the closest thing to a sports rivalry between the two cities? Mavs have the Spurs, I don't like the rockets, but I have never seen them as a rival.

Am I off base with this fellow dfw sports fans?

• Upvote 3

Detwiler dropped his ERA down 2 1/3rd points to 6.57 last night. Said he changed some of his mechanics prior to his start yesterday. Hopefully he continues to get better?

Rick

Let's hope, not exactly holding my breath though. Neftali's velocity looked good, hope he can put it all back together.

Is there really a hardcore sports rivalry between Dallas and Houston? As a dfw native and fan of the teams in that area I don't really see it.

Am I off base with this fellow dfw sports fans?

Dynamo fans literally can't share a beer with FCD fans. We've tried. They're all a bunch of sh-t talking Green Street hooligan wannabes who damage our stadium, our parking lot, and get arrested. I'd cry no tears if their (empty) stadium caught on fire.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Uh, wrong again. You can plow sleet if you get it before it gets layered on the road. Slush can also be plowed. My family is from Cleveland and Detroit...spent a few winters there. C'mon man.
You can't plow ICE. As in freezing rain and melted/refrozen precipitation.

Dallas doesn't do it because there's too many roads? Have you been on 35E, recently, or any Denton road? You literally can't do any worse.

Where/when did I say that?

But keep hanging your hat on DFW having a few days with ice. I'll trade that any day for the 95% humidity in your swampass city.

Edited by Coffee and TV
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1