Man, Game 1. That was a feast of baseball awesomeness. Diekman was lights-out. Took the mound in mid-postseason form and completely shut the Blue Jays down. Absolutely killed them. And then, the interesting call to put Dyson in as a groundball guy to neutralize the Jays sluggers paid of huge. 

What a win. Now we have Cole Freaking Hamels going for us and David Price is now 0-4 against the Rangers in the playoffs. This is fun.

And those 25 ESPN guys that picked Toronto can suck it.

#NeverEverQuit

Edited by TheFranchise
  • Upvote 1

I always get a good feeling when literally none of the "analyst" pick us to win a series. Didn't see how everyone was so confident when it's a best of 5 series, seems ridiculous to me to predict it with that much certainty. This is the #2 vs. the #3 and WC beating the #1 happens almost every year. Let's keep it rolling. 

Edited by ChristopherRyanWilkes
  • Upvote 2

Hard to believe the original post for this thread was doom and gloom.

Created this at work. Just basic Word document and added pictures. Manually Xing out the wins. Will replace ALCS with either KC or Houston emblem. If anyone wants a copy of this send me an email to gregoryksmith@msn.com and I will email it to you. Put your own Xs on there.

Embedded image permalink

Looked like Derek Holland Championship style pitching to me.

Rick

I mean, the Royals did this last year to the A's in the playoffs too.  That squad just has a ton of heart.

If the Astros can clear their heads, i still think they have a nice shot in Game 5, but that was seriously a shattering experience.

Maybe I should ask Santa for a sports lobotomy?

Speaking of heart....

Heart is.......after setting the MLB record for players used in a single season due to injury and carrying the worst record In the league...then follow that up by losing three of your 5 starting pitchers by the second day of the following season...then coming back from 8/9 games out of first place that August to win the division of said season.  

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1