The common rallying cry of both the Astros and Rangers.

And the Mavericks, and the Stars and the Cowboys and FC Dallas as well. Come on Dallas area teams....break out of that mold and get to winning.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Leave the Mavs out of it. They haven't been under .500 since 2000 and don't forget that 2011 NBA championship.

And the Cowboys just won a division title, and FCD is in first place in the Western Conference.

I don't know what "mold" you're worried about, but I feel pretty darn fortunate to root for the hometown teams I do right now. If your standard is championships alone, that's one gigantic mold.

• Upvote 4

And the Cowboys just won a division title, and FCD is in first place in the Western Conference.

I don't know what "mold" you're worried about, but I feel pretty darn fortunate to root for the hometown teams I do right now. If your standard is championships alone, that's one gigantic mold.

Just talking championships. Been awhile since Dallas was referred to as title town. Not banging on any of them, but in pro sports you don't get participation medals. It's championships that teams are rated on, not effort or close. Hey, I prefer the locals over most others...except maybe the Cardinals...yes, Quoner, the Cardinals....now that the Rangers have signed Hamilton. But, as soon as Hamilton snorts or drinks himself out of baseball, the Rangers will again top the Cards for me. And, yes, I understand lots here do not share my view on Hamilton, and that is fine. Seems to me after the Houston series that they don't need Hamilton anyway.

Just talking championships. Been awhile since Dallas was referred to as title town. Not banging on any of them, but in pro sports you don't get participation medals. It's championships that teams are rated on, not effort or close. Hey, I prefer the locals over most others...except maybe the Cardinals...yes, Quoner, the Cardinals....now that the Rangers have signed Hamilton. But, as soon as Hamilton snorts or drinks himself out of baseball, the Rangers will again top the Cards for me. And, yes, I understand lots here do not share my view on Hamilton, and that is fine. Seems to me after the Houston series that they don't need Hamilton anyway.

By that standard every city in America except Boston and San Francisco is a failure at sports.

Edited by ChristopherRyanWilkes

By that standard every city in America except Boston and San Francisco is a failure at sports.

Both of which were considered abject failures for decades on the baseball front. But I guess that Boston had the Celtics and San Francisco had the 49ers. Are we talking across the board sports or just baseball here?

• 4 weeks later...

Had a rare chance to sit and watch two full games this weekend. That game yesterday gave me them 2011 feels. Chi Chi Gonzalez looks legit. Could the Rangers make a run this year with more than half the pitching staff occupying the local hospital wing?

Edited by ColoradoEagle
  • Upvote 2

Bannister is starting to worry me. He's already started that crap with giving players supposed needed rest. So as of now Peguero is batting .417, played Catcher, Left Field, Right Field yesterday and went 2 for 4. So he's one of our hot bats so far.

But today for whatever reason(needed rest?) Peguero gets benched for DeShields out in LF who is batting .125 and is 3-0 today. The result? We have had 4 total hits and are losing 10-1 in the 7th.

Rick

​Win or lose the rest of the way, we'll always have this post.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

After the game, this stat made the rounds:

36-22 against winning teams

18-31 against losing teams.

They still by no means pass any kind of eye test and I wouldn't put money on them, but it's amazing they are even in this position with a couple of pencil shavings and a highlighter for a bullpen and a rotation made out of duct tape.

Edited by Quoner

They still by no means pass any kind of eye test and I wouldn't put money on them, but it's amazing they are even in this position with a couple of pencil shavings and a highlighter for a bullpen and a rotation made out of duct tape.

That stat is pretty astonishing, almost as amazing as the horrible home record. Baseball has a way of evening out stats like that over the course of a long season because they are usually anomalies which makes me actually pretty excited about the rest of the season. I think we play the most games at home in baseball over the next couple of months. 

Wow.  That's crazy.  Also I saw where they are still tied with the Cub's for best road team as well.  

Good stuff.

Rick

Can't say they aren't consistent.  Just dropped two of three to the lousy Mariners.

Rick

he's been pretty awful this year. Here is hoping for memories of 2011 (?)

True, but the hits he's getting are coming off of left hand pitchers. His OPS against lefties is in the mid .800's which is pretty good compared to the Rangers team OPS which is in the mid .600 OPS against lefties. Also, he's got a near 300 average in his last 16 games. I'm not saying this puts them over the hump or anyhting, but it could defintely help.

• Upvote 2

True, but the hits he's getting are coming off of left hand pitchers. His OPS against lefties is in the mid .800's which is pretty good compared to the Rangers team OPS which is in the mid .600 OPS against lefties. Also, he's got a near 300 average in his last 16 games. I'm not saying this puts them over the hump or anyhting, but it could defintely help.

oh, I agree. Especially at the price the Rangers paid. People just shouldn't expect him to be the Napoli they remember from the glory years.