"I don't always watch baseball, but when I do it will be the Cardinals."

Some folks could use a moral compass...they seem to have lost theirs. Have the Rangers just allowed Jerry to become their GM? Question....no answer.

No one is doubting your credentials for one of the most grating, pollyanna, chest thumping fan bases in all of baseball. We're just chuckling at the fit.

JD might teach the team how to make a bad bottom of the roster deal he cuts lose for less than 4x what Delino DeShields Jr is making. The horror.

Meanwhile, let's continue to pray Tony LaRussa hires a driver or two for his next night out.

• Upvote 3

No one is doubting your credentials for one of the most grating, pollyanna, chest thumping fan bases in all of baseball. We're just chuckling at the fit.

JD might teach the team how to make a bad bottom of the roster deal he cuts lose for less than 4x what Delino DeShields Jr is making. The horror.

Meanwhile, let's continue to pray Tony LaRussa hires a driver or two for his next night out.

You would make a great Cubs fan. No place for a winning baseball tradition in your space I see. As a kid it was the Yankees or the Cardinals...Cards were the closest MLB team to Dallas and I loved that red bird on their unis and, of course, Stan was the Man! So, Cards for me...suffered through many many a 6th place finish until they finally beat the Yanks in the World Series. As a kid....best day ever! So, yep... Loyal Card fan. You can knock that any way you want and you can love at the feet of Hamilton as the Ranger savior all you want. Because it is baseball. The most boring professional sport of the big five. Yes, yes I did just put soccer in the Big Five...take that while you watch Josh collect his cash on the DL and party away all the while thumbing his nose at the Rangers. Heck, they knew what they were getting, so it's all good...not his fault. UNT90 must be a big fan here...it's not his fault. You and UNT90 big buds on this one, huh? It's never the responsibility of the player, right? All is forgiven Josh...snort away...oh, I meant hit away!

You would make a great Cubs fan. No place for a winning baseball tradition in your space I see. As a kid it was the Yankees or the Cardinals...Cards were the closest MLB team to Dallas and I loved that red bird on their unis and, of course, Stan was the Man! So, Cards for me...suffered through many many a 6th place finish until they finally beat the Yanks in the World Series. As a kid....best day ever! So, yep... Loyal Card fan. You can knock that any way you want and you can love at the feet of Hamilton as the Ranger savior all you want. Because it is baseball. The most boring professional sport of the big five. Yes, yes I did just put soccer in the Big Five...take that while you watch Josh collect his cash on the DL and party away all the while thumbing his nose at the Rangers. Heck, they knew what they were getting, so it's all good...not his fault. UNT90 must be a big fan here...it's not his fault. You and UNT90 big buds on this one, huh? It's never the responsibility of the player, right? All is forgiven Josh...snort away...oh, I meant hit away!

I've not heard one person say anything like this. Expectations for him are extremely low, and guess what? If he doesn't pan out, JD can DFA him, all for a fraction of what he's stuck paying Choo.

• Upvote 2

I just called it a bottom of the roster move with no financial investment from Texas and said it won't matter. Not a single person is calling him a savior at all - you just lost your ability to lecture people and now your basically activating your spread shrapnel gun to see if you can strafe UNT90 or someone else with your Jackson Pollock splatterings of cliched sports talk radio opinions.

You had a ton of teams you could have rooted for as a kid - the Cardinals actually only finished 6th twice in Musial's whole career, so not sure how you struggled through all that. Was it 54 or 62 that hurt the most?

Meanwhile, you enabled a problematic repeat DUI offender to show players like David Freese and Oscar Taveras drinking and driving was no big deal and now a kid is dead. It's never the responsibility of the manager, the organization or the fans though....those kids knew what they were doing. Drink...I mean chug away!

• Upvote 3

I just called it a bottom of the roster move with no financial investment from Texas and said it won't matter. Not a single person is calling him a savior at all - you just lost your ability to lecture people and now your basically activating your spread shrapnel gun to see if you can strafe UNT90 or someone else with your Jackson Pollock splatterings of cliched sports talk radio opinions.

You had a ton of teams you could have rooted for as a kid - the Cardinals actually only finished 6th twice in Musial's whole career, so not sure how you struggled through all that. Was it 54 or 62 that hurt the most?

Meanwhile, you enabled a problematic repeat DUI offender to show players like David Freese and Oscar Taveras drinking and driving was no big deal and now a kid is dead. It's never the responsibility of the manager, the organization or the fans though....those kids knew what they were doing. Drink...I mean chug away!

It really is fun when I hit a nerve with you. Always makes my day. Thanks for playing and Go Cards! We'll play again sometime soon about this personal responsibility thing I am most certain. Heck, I knew what I was getting.

Edit...what really hurt me was that you missed the whole play off the Most Interesting Man in the World thing. Stay testy my friend!

Edited by KRAM1
  • Downvote 2

It really is fun when I hit a nerve with you. Always makes my day. Thanks for playing and Go Cards! We'll play again sometime soon about this personal responsibility thing I am most certain. Heck, I knew what I was getting.

Edit...what really hurt me was that you missed the whole play off the Most Interesting Man in the World thing. Stay testy my friend!

Yikes. This is like when Janay Palmer apologized to Ray when it was all over. Looking forward to butting heads again.

• Upvote 2

Awesome.

A decade of utter failure & futility... Astros fans are nowhere to be found.

A hot start to 2015... Astros fans out the woodwork, talking trash like tomorrow may not come.

Nolan Ryan curse strikes again!

It's just Munthe and 'Zo. Zo is funny enough to not be annoying and Munthe is already forced to work for the athletic department, so he needs this hot start against losing teams more than most of us. Besides, his 2014 sports highlight was making a lot of noise during an early season Cowboys game his team lost, so the bar for success is barely touching his heel.

• Upvote 3

It's just Munthe and 'Zo. Zo is funny enough to not be annoying and Munthe is already forced to work for the athletic department, so he needs this hot start against losing teams more than most of us. Besides, his 2014 sports highlight was making a lot of noise during an early season Cowboys game his team lost, so the bar for success is barely touching his heel.

Don't forget the 1st NBA playoff win in 17 years. This is almost enough for them to stop hanging their hat on their MLS team.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

A decade of utter failure & futility... Astros fans are nowhere to be found.

I have been an Astros fan since I was ten, and a Mean Green fan since I stepped on campus.* In general, both have been painful, harrowing experiences rife with jealousy and impotent rage.

I fully reserve the right to gloat the two or three years a decade either of these teams are any good.

* I was also an Oilers fan, that experience was so bad that the team ran away to live next door to MTSU.

Edited by Cerebus
  • Upvote 2

I just want to distance myself from Ryan Munthe's position:

1) Houston is the humid sweaty armpit of Texas

2) James Harden couldn't carry Dirk's jockstrap. MFFL.

3) The only real football team in Houston was the Oilers. *Single tear rolls down cheek*

Despite all that, the Astros are still greatness.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I just want to distance myself from Ryan Munthe's position:

1) Houston is the humid sweaty armpit of Texas

2) James Harden couldn't carry Dirk's jockstrap. MFFL.

3) The only real football team in Houston was the Oilers. *Single tear rolls down cheek*

Despite all that, the Astros are still greatness.

I'm not against the Astros, if anything the Astros and Rangers should support each other. They will both have good seasons or strings of seasons but they are up against it in the MLB. The only teams with sustained success are the old baseball guard and professional baseball in Texas is still relatively young. It was easier rooting for them when they weren't in our division though.

• Upvote 1

It was easier rooting for them when they weren't in our division though.

Agree with that 100% Rangers where the AL team I rooted for just because they were also in Texas.

Now, I don't have an NL team.

Why the Astros got moved instead of moving the Brew Crew back, I'll never get.

3.) The Oilers were trash with a terrible owner that the city willingly let go. Fortunately we traded up. If we really want to talk about how great the Oilers were in the 60s, then the Browns would be the NFL's best franchise.

Sir, I demand satisfaction. Have your second contact mine.

MI1CdMP.jpg

• Upvote 3