The last time I went to a Rangers game was probably 2009, because I know I still lived in Frisco. The wifey and I were on the outs, well on our way to the inevitable split.

It was mother's day, and the blushing bride wanted nothing to do with me or the child. I happened upon some free Rangers tickets from somewhere (I made $14,000 in 2009, so I know I sure as shit didn't pay for them).

Kid and I show up, and they're giving out rhinestone studded Rangers hats for mother's day. Kid gets one, we proceed to the nosebleeds where we're sitting, and I take her to get a frozen lemonade.

And thus began the three and a half hours of derisive comments from women of all shapes, sizes, ages, and inclinations about what an insensitive bastard I was for taking my daughter to a baseball game on mother's day.

Arlington. Good memories. Good times.

The last time I went to a Rangers game was probably 2009, because I know I still lived in Frisco. The wifey and I were on the outs, well on our way to the inevitable split.

It was mother's day, and the blushing bride wanted nothing to do with me or the child. I happened upon some free Rangers tickets from somewhere (I made $14,000 in 2009, so I know I sure as shit didn't pay for them).

Kid and I show up, and they're giving out rhinestone studded Rangers hats for mother's day. Kid gets one, we proceed to the nosebleeds where we're sitting, and I take her to get a frozen lemonade.

And thus began the three and a half hours of derisive comments from women of all shapes, sizes, ages, and inclinations about what an insensitive bastard I was for taking my daughter to a baseball game on mother's day.

Come on Oldguy...it's professional baseball where you sit through some 3.5 hours with not much to see besides some guys scratching their privates, spitting and standing around for the most part. Give those women a break, there was pretty much nothing else to see or do. Lots of one run games over that 3.5 hours in a season too. They were just getting in gear in case they had to attend another one.

You want baseball? Go see a college game, a HS game or even the Frisco Roughriders or any lower level minor league team. That's baseball and you won't have to suffer overpaid prima donnas spitting and scratching for 3.5 hours. Look at it this way, the tickets were free, but parking was probably $10 and that frozen lemonade a real bargain at $6.

But, spending time with your daughter.....priceless!

• Downvote 1

Should have told them that her mom was dead.

Bannister is starting to worry me. He's already started that crap with giving players supposed needed rest. So as of now Peguero is batting .417, played Catcher, Left Field, Right Field yesterday and went 2 for 4. So he's one of our hot bats so far.

But today for whatever reason(needed rest?) Peguero gets benched for DeShields out in LF who is batting .125 and is 3-0 today. The result? We have had 4 total hits and are losing 10-1 in the 7th.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Bannister is starting to worry me. He's already started that crap with giving players supposed needed rest. So as of now Peguero is batting .417, played Catcher, Left Field, Right Field yesterday and went 2 for 4. So he's one of our hot bats so far.

But today for whatever reason(needed rest?) Peguero gets benched for DeShields out in LF who is batting .125 and is 3-0 today. The result? We have had 4 total hits and are losing 10-1 in the 7th.

Rick

I see the concern, but given the historic injury rate from last season and the first wave of injuries we have already seen, I do kind of understand his view on player durability.

I see the concern, but given the historic injury rate from last season and the first wave of injuries we have already seen, I do kind of understand his view on player durability.

Completely agree. And not only that, but if you're going to have a young guy like DeShields on the roster, you've got to give him at bats. Sometimes that's at the expense of the hot bat in the lineup. I'd rather have that hot bat STILL in the lineup in September than having him out for the season by June. I don't know if anyone aside from forevereagle has noticed or not, but that's been kind of the pattern with most of our good players lately.

I can't believe they are bringing him back...Angels better be paying all of his salary

Word on the street is, they're paying all but about $15 million, leaving the Rangers to pay just $5 million/season for the remainder of the deal, plus Texas gives up nothing. This is nothing more than LAA just trying to cut their losses and wash their hands of him.

Pretty low risk right now for the Rangers. I hope it works out. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Desperate teams do desperate and often stupid things. This is both desperate AND stupid! Guy will be on the DL again in less than a month or will be "rehabbing" from yet another drug "situation". MLB had a chance to do the right thing and suspend him for his latest "drug" lapse. They punted and the Rangers stepped up to help the Angels get this distraction out of its locker room.

Really really bad move by the Rangers.

But, come on...this is a joke, right? The Rangers really wouldn't stoop this low even as desperate as they are right now for some power hitting, would they? Seriously?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1