Greg Abbott to be UNT commencement speaker

Reminds me of the old saying "stuck hogs squeal".

Very few alumni give a crap you say and yet here you are constantly on a UNT fan board. Doesn't A&M have one where you can go talk UNT trash?

Gig 'em Aggie!

that is the only intelligent thing you have said on this board since you started posting... Gig'em Aggies.
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

that is the only intelligent thing you have said on this board since you started posting... Gig'em Aggies.

So says the guy who openly talks up A&M on a UNT fan board. Perfect example of an Agggie joke...Priceless!

Referring to him as "a politician," i.e., "just a politician," is asinine. This is the governor of Texas!!! If Ann Richards would have given the commencement speech when she was governor, I would hope everyone would consider it an honor, regardless of party. Anyone who feels otherwise is a total jackwagon, plain and simple, end of story.

I wish that I could give you +100. Especially with Tier 1 help needed I'd much rather have the governor as a friend than an enemy. This is about education...not politics.

• Upvote 3

I wish that I could give you +100. Especially with Tier 1 help needed I'd much rather have the governor as a friend than an enemy. This is about education...not politics.

This is what the idiot Twitter fools don't understand. You may want a friend in the governors office. We CERTAINLY haven't had one with slick Rick the last 25 years.

Debt forgiveness? May want an ally.

Teir 1 status? May want an ally.

Or you can show your ass during his speech and confirm what he has already been told about UNT (large university that clings to its liberal arts roots while maintaining a limited vision).

Seems the choice is pretty clear, whether it's Gov Abbott or if it had been Gov Wendy Davis.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Good to see we have an politically engaged student body. If only they'd put that much work into volunteering and organizing they could have kept Abbott out of the Governor's Mansion.

• Upvote 4

Good to see we have an politically engaged student body. If only they'd put that much work into volunteering and organizing they could have kept Abbott out of the Governor's Mansion.

NT students would have needed to mobilize the entire state and not just Denton to keep Abbott from being elected governor, as he won by double digits.

• Upvote 4

I have a lot of concerns about this and one of the biggest ones is parking and logistics. When I graduated back in the ice ages, it was only the business school and I promise you it was hard to find a parking place. Now we are talking about an even tougher deal with the limitations over at Apogee and that side of the highway. I just hope they have put some good people in and around the planning of this event. I do like the concept of having it in one place but it could be challenging initially.

That...

That's the sound of disconnected alumni shaking their heads and chuckling at tat little old liberal arts school they attended sooo long ago.

I feel like you attended the wrong school. Did you not get into your first choice? Certainly seems like you're hell bent on turning UNT into something it's not.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

I feel like you attended the wrong school. Did you not get into your first choice? Certainly seems like you're hell bent on turning UNT into something it's not.

That's the real world, son. There are about 100k examples of such in the metroplex alone.

• Upvote 1