MGB breaking news -- Petersen out at UNT

Brett Vito

Breaking news: RV does the right thing and buys out a failing coach

GMG.com reaction: Hang RV! He ruh-heally f'd it up this time!

When your AD signs a women's basketball coach to a 5-year contract at about $200K a year, more than UTSA's men's coach who beat us twice this year, and that coach goes 28-61 and fails to make your own conference tournament, and you're forced to buy out two years of that contract when your university is in a tough spot financially, what university would the AD not get backlash for a transpiring like that?
  • Upvote 1

When your AD signs a women's basketball coach to a 5-year contract at about $200K a year, more than UTSA's men's coach who beat us twice this year, and that coach goes 28-61 and fails to make your own conference tournament, and you're forced to buy out two years of that contract when your university is in a tough spot financially, what university would the AD not get backlash for a transpiring like that?

That's easy.

The University of North Texas.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Next to JJ, Aston was RV's best hire on that list of Billy's, considering taking a 4-20 something disaster of a team team and missing going 16-15 by one point is miraculous. Now whether RV actually went to find her or she found him is another story. But still, RV hired her and gets credit for that hire.

I'll say it again, if Donna Capps isnt interested any more it's time for youth from a lower level/Division.

Rick

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Next to JJ, Aston was RV's best hire on that list of Billy's, considering taking a 4-20 something disaster of a team team and missing going 16-15 by one point is miraculous. Now whether RV actually went to find her or she found him is another story. But still, RV hired her and gets credit for that hire.

I'll say it again, if Donna Capps isnt interested any more it's time for youth from a lower level/Division.

Rick

I know you liked her, but she was one game under .500 in her very brief UNT career.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I always love it when a coach needs to be replaced. Suddenly everyone becomes an arm-chair AD and has their own short list of people that make the best hire.

ess6W8Q.jpg

Should be a fun couple weeks.

I know you liked her, but she was one game under .500 in her very brief UNT career.

So not an ounce of respect for Aston the basketball coach from you? One point away from taking someone else's 4-24 team to 16-15? One point?

And by the way, they lost yesterday to Baylor in the Big 12 Championsjip game. It was the first time in over ten years Texas had been to their tourney championship game, in only her third season there.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2