B12 Women's Basketball Tournament

10Eagle10

any Mean Green fans in attendance to admire Coach Aston?

I bet there's at least one who made the trip to the AAC...

I'm there in spirit. This would be a good win for them if they can hang on to beat OU without my favorite player for them, Nekia Jones, who won't return till the NCAA tourney.

And I'm proud of Jalie. So I watch for her too.

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Why the infatuation with Aston? She was/is no Hayden Fry and her team never beat Tennessee.

In fact, her team did beat #4 Tennessee back in November, a week after beating #10 UCLA and #6 Stanford on the road.

But I think it's funny how no one ever asks why the infatuation with JJ every time we get an update on him over here. But every time Aston is brought up people get their shorts twisted up.

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

In fact, her team did beat #4 Tennessee back in November, a week after beating #10 UCLA and #6 Stanford on the road.

But I think it's funny how no one ever asks why the infatuation with JJ every time we get an update on him over here. But every time Aston is brought up people get their shorts twisted up.

Rick

I will say that I have not started a thread about JJ in who knows how long. I might post an update about him in ongoing threads, but I do find it a bit much to begin some thread about him here. Maybe if we were doing well right now it would be one thing, but to be struggling and start a new topic about him seems unseemly.

Rick

I thought Aston got your shorts twisted up?

• Upvote 3

I will say that I have not started a thread about JJ in who knows how long. I might post an update about him in ongoing threads, but I do find it a bit much to begin some thread about him here. Maybe if we were doing well right now it would be one thing, but to be struggling and start a new topic about him seems unseemly.

And you haven't been the only one, and no one has ever thought for a second to question it, as they shouldn't.

Rick

I want all of the coaches who got hired away to be very successful. I don't mind talking about them. We want to be known as a place a coach can make a name for themselves.

If/when LSU makes a tournament run I'll be happy to see thread about JJ. Same goes for Aston to a lesser degree since she was here for just one year and she coaches TU.

Unseemly, meh if they(AD/coaches) don't like it they can fix it by winning. If other GMG posters don't like it, well since when has this place had 100% agreement about anything? (HOD bowl, maybe)

Edited by Army of Dad