UTSA lands Michigan grad transfer Russell Bellomy

GMG24

He was my high school quarterback, and I was the center our senior year.

That is a good pickup for them and I am confident he will start there this year. He definitely would've been an upgrade for us over anything we have, outside of maybe Damarcus Smith, if he can get eligible. And that's a big if. But, with 6 scholarship QBs and a full class, we didn't exactly have any room available. There was contact.

I seem to remember Mccarney saying he didn't want to have any more than 4 scholarship QBs on our roster each year. But we've signed 6 QBs the last 3 classes, including JUCO QBs in each of the past 3 classes.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 4

That is a good pickup for them and I am confident he will start there this year. He definitely would've been an upgrade for us over anything we have, outside of maybe Damarcus Smith, if he can get eligible. And that's a big if. But, with 6 scholarship QBs and a full class, we didn't exactly have any room available. There was contact.

Can you elaborate on this? I thought it was just one class holding him up.

The last 2 years in San Antonio have revealed:

1) A successful team with a senior QB and a junior squad around him.

2) An unsuccessful, senior-laden team with an inexperienced QB.

Coker's record against DMac aside, for the sake of discussion will someone elaborate on their entire 2015 QB situation?

If you are familiar with UNT's 2014 QB situation, you are familiar with Craphole's.

If you are familiar with UNT's 2014 QB situation, you are familiar with Craphole's.

You're very right.

Unfortunately, UTSA's version of McNulty happened to have a career day against UNT last year.

And, imagine if Dajon had 2 nice games and then was lost for the year to injury... That's Bogenshultz, Goree's & Rutherford's HS QB @ Carthage.

Austin will be a Sophomore but Coker wants him at WR. Blake is easily the most talented Q.B. to date and will start. The Michigan transfer presumably will be in the mix Q.B.2 but wouldn't be in SA till the fall. 2015 Harris and Henderson look solid but word is they will red shirt with the first three mentioned. U.T.S.A Q.B. position was a disaster last year finishing with Q.B. 4 on the field due to O.L. and R.B. injuries killing protection. The new O.L. coach has 14 years successful S.E.C. experience and this is the first class of F.B.S. talent on the line. Hope that helps.