'16 OL/DL Douglas Tucker (Parish Episcopal)

BillySee58

6'3" 285 lb offensive tackle/defensive tackle from Parish Episcopal in Dallas. Tucker starts at left tackle but also may play defensive tackle in college. We offered. We appear to be his first offer.

Highlights:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1594264/douglas-tucker

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Douglas-Tucker-148517

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/news/_/id/180515/douglas-tucker

http://247sports.com/Player/Douglas-Tucker-36474

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks like Tulane is dipping into our area defensive talent again....need to land these types of players and lots of them..

Douglas Tucker (6’4, 305) – Dallas-based defensive tackle is fielding offers from Tulane, UMass, UTSA, North Texas and New Mexico.

read more:  http://sportsnola.com/recruiting-latest-targets-for-louisiana-schools-on-the-2016-football-trail/

Edited by Harry

Looks like Tulane is dipping into our area defensive talent again....need to land these types of players and lots of them..

Douglas Tucker (6’4, 305) – Dallas-based defensive tackle is fielding offers from Tulane, UMass, UTSA, North Texas and New Mexico.

read more:  http://sportsnola.com/recruiting-latest-targets-for-louisiana-schools-on-the-2016-football-trail/

That's interesting. While we may remember going head to head with Tulane, like in 2013 for Sergio Medina and in 2012 for Royce Lafrance, those were for Louisiana players. We haven't really gone head to head with them for DFW, or even Texas players.

The last time Tulane signed a player from Texas was back in 2012, and that player was from New Braunfels. So they really don't do hardly any recruiting over here. Tucker may choose neither school, but I wonder if they could outrecruit us for a metroplex player, or just Louisiana players.

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...

That's interesting. While we may remember going head to head with Tulane, like in 2013 for Sergio Medina and in 2012 for Royce Lafrance, those were for Louisiana players. We haven't really gone head to head with them for DFW, or even Texas players.

The last time Tulane signed a player from Texas was back in 2012, and that player was from New Braunfels. So they really don't do hardly any recruiting over here. Tucker may choose neither school, but I wonder if they could outrecruit us for a metroplex player, or just Louisiana players.

This is the type of recruiting battles we should win. Billy with Fran resigning do they have any verbals we would want to flip? A lot of 3 stars but not many offers.

This is the type of recruiting battles we should win. Billy with Fran resigning do they have any verbals we would want to flip? A lot of 3 stars but not many offers.

Looks like Perry and Patrick are doing a good job of reviewing and familiarizing Littrell with the players we recruited before. I'm sure they'll take a look at the guys who will be de committing, especially if we were looking at them before.

Littrell just started following this kid on Twitter, Hopefully we can swing this kid our way. A 3 star rating on 247.com

He not committed anywhere

Guys like Tucker and Cook are recruits who have the offer lists that I want in our signees, realistically. Not great, but good solid G5 offer lists similar to the all-CUSA guys we've had like Zach Orr, Bellazin, Y'Barbo, Lemon, and Akunne.

That being said, I didn't think we had a chance at guys like this with Mccarney, even though there were no schools on those offer lists that we should've matched up poorly against. Good to see us get another chance with these type of kids but with Littrell in charge.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 2

Looks like Perry and Patrick are doing a good job of reviewing and familiarizing Littrell with the players we recruited before. I'm sure they'll take a look at the guys who will be de committing, especially if we were looking at them before.

Guys like Tucker and Cook are recruits who have the offer lists that I want in our signees, realistically. Not great, but good solid G5 offer lists similar to the all-CUSA guys we've had like Zach Orr, Bellazin, Y'Barbo, Lemon, and Akunne.

That being said, I didn't think we had a chance at guys like this with Mccarney, even though there were no schools on those offer lists that we should've matched up poorly against. Good to see us get another chance with these type of kids but with Littrell in charge.

Douglas is as good of a kid as there is. Stayed late and got to school early every day, to get ready for each season.  This kid works his tale off.  I would love to see him and Ty make it to our campus. 

• Upvote 1

He is taking his official visit here in January. 

Gotta like our chances here, now. Kid has an offer list I love to see us going after. UMASS, Nevada, New Mexico, San Diego State, Texas State, UTSA, Tulane, and us. 8 FBS offers, and name one school on that list that we shouldn't be able to beat out for a DFW kid? I hope Coach Littrell fills our roster with these type of recruits. Pretty much what Western Kentucky has done.

• Upvote 5

Gotta like our chances here, now. Kid has an offer list I love to see us going after. UMASS, Nevada, New Mexico, San Diego State, Texas State, UTSA, Tulane, and us. 8 FBS offers, and name one school on that list that we shouldn't be able to beat out for a DFW kid? I hope Coach Littrell fills our roster with these type of recruits. Pretty much what Western Kentucky has done.

And he wants to stay close to home. 

• Upvote 3

^^ maybe to the girls game!

for no other reason than to try and help sway recruits should we show up in force to the basketball games on weekends.  I remember when I was at OU they promoted the heck out of home games on weekends of OVs. Fraternities painted sheets and welcomed recruits and hung them off balconies. It was a very neat experience. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...