Tony Mitchell - Atleticos de San German (Puerto Rico BSN)

jdennis82

Banner-A.jpg

Per HoopsRumors.com ...

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2015/02/mitchell-puerto-rico.html

Former Pistons and Suns power forward Tony Mitchell will play for Atleticos de San German in Puerto Rico, agent Christian Santaella tweets (hat tip to Sportando’s Emiliano Carchia)

For those who now may want to follow the Puerto Rico BSN...

http://basketball.realgm.com/international/league/62/Puerto-Rican-BSN/home

I found this snippet on the [new] team's official page:

It’s unclear if his arrangement to play in Puerto Rico would allow him to return to the NBA this season. Mitchell had been drawing offers from European teams shortly after his release from the Suns, as David Pick of Eurobasket.com reported last month.

I am interested in finding a roster, listing the guys he will be playing with.

I found this snippet on the [new] team's official page:

I am interested in finding a roster, listing the guys he will be playing with.

Here's a link to the league's players - http://basketball.realgm.com/international/league/62/Puerto-Rican-BSN/players

Noteable ones:

Devin Ebanks (West Virginia)

Sam Young (Pitt)

Greg Buckner (Former Dallas Maverick great)

Speaking of former players still going overseas....is McCoy still around? He was blowing it up a couple years back.

Most recent I could find is a 2013 season in Israel ( http://basketball.eurobasket.com/player/Adam_McCoy/54221 )

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I guess...went from lottery b pick...to second round...to not playing...to traded...and released...to Puerto rico...

Plenty of notable players have played overseas instead of the NBA. I always think of Trajan Langdon. Dude was a god in European basketball after he washed out of the Association. Years later I remember reading an interview with him where he said even if the NBA came calling again, he wouldn't leave.

• 2 weeks later...

So let me get this straight. Our savior best ever player that ever came through UNT that couldn't play for coach or survive in the nba is now In puerto Rico in a junior league. Yet we hold him up as the reason we suck today. Okay. High standards fellas high standards.

Good luck tony

GMG

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

So let me get this straight. Our savior best ever player that ever came through UNT that couldn't play for coach or survive in the nba is now In puerto Rico in a junior league. Yet we hold him up as the reason we suck today. Okay. High standards fellas high standards.

Good luck tony

GMG

Who holds him up as the reason we suck today?
  • Upvote 3

I took an unnecessary shot at tony in my post. Not cool. I agree that a change of scenery and game refining can take a player to incredible new heights. This has happened to me in my hospitality career. It can happen to anyone.

TM thank you for your contributions to our university and go get'em!

GMG

• Upvote 2