Denia concerned about Sack n Save; Dead convention center idea

Harry

Not in the City of Denton. You need to get out more and actually learn something about the city you are trying to knock. If you think Denton is like Frisco, Plano, Allen, etc. or any of the master planned communities like Savannah, etc. you really are needing some "local" knowledge badly.

Not that I really care about this thread overall, but just for the sake of accuracy, the master planned Preserve at Pecan Creek development is entirely in the City of Denton. I should know. I live there and pay Denton city taxes.

Not that I really care about this thread overall, but just for the sake of accuracy, the master planned Preserve at Pecan Creek development is entirely in the City of Denton. I should know. I live there and pay Denton city taxes.

yeah but are you in the far northeast quadrant of the Southern sector within the border of the loop where the true uniqueness is adjacent to the cookie cutter homes? if a town has to try to convince others they are unique then they ain't unique. I like Denton but damn, the whole place could use a good power washing.
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

It's because they're single frying fresh potatoes without removing any moisture from them. If you want good fries, you gotta suck a bunch of moisture out of the raw potatoes, fry once at about 120 degrees, then again at about 180. If I'm not mistaken, I think McDonald's, widely considered the gold standard of fast food fries, does the first fry at the central plant thingy place before freezing them for distribution. Then the store gives them the second fry and they some out golden and delicious.

If In-N-Out has well done fries (which they do), I wonder if you could instruct them to double fry. Probably wouldn't work out too much since their fryers are all at a consistent temperature.

Meanwhile, Five Guys is also cutting fresh potatoes on site, and their fries are amazing. I wonder how they do it.

Five Guys is my favorite burger joint in Denton. Those Cajun fries are unbeatable. They're a little pricier than Whataburger, but I don't really consider them a typical fast did joint....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

About 20 years ago, when Harry first started to put together the printed newsletter that would eventually metamorph into gmg.com, if he could have seen a 9 page thread about zoning leading the board he would have scrapped the entire deal.

Of course if he could have seen the future he would have bought Apple stock and today we would be playing in Miers Stadium.

6 - 7 times per season.

I suppose I need to try Bet the House again. It wasn't that my one experience there was bad. It was more, well, the food was cold and slow to be served.

On an intangible level, I guess I'm cool with horned rim glasses, hipster beards, and iPad cash registers in Paschall's, but that vibe just doesn't feel right with BBQ. There was just something else. I can't recall if it was actually something they said, or just an air about them, but they projected that they were far superior in the ways of Jedi BBQ knowledge than me, and I found that off putting. Let your food speak for itself without a documentary on its greatness when you serve it.

Their food was ok, but it wasn't something to go standing on a pedestal and adorning one's self with a plurality of laurels. They've got a ways to go.

I do want them to succeed. I want Denton to have a righteous BBQ joint. But I want them realize that they've got room for growth and learning, and I want them to embrace that.

Edited by oldguystudent

As someone that has not lived in the Dallas area for close to 20 years I would like to say I miss Braums. Still good?

I miss Braums... and I miss Ernest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7j4ewPKw1U

but... I don't miss the Ernest movies