The best player(s) to play college football from your high school?

Harry

Wichita Falls Rider Raiders- ROHO

David Nelson - University of Florida

caught TD pass vs Oklahoma in the National Championship game...and as a Buffalo Bill kissed his Dallas Cowboy cheerleader girlfriend.

(In Denton...I watched him play/lose in the Rider vs Aledo deep in the playoffs...It was hands down the best highschool game that I have personally watched.)

JT Barrett - The "undisputed" Ohio State University

Enrolled as OSU freshman in spring of his HS senior year. Replaced injured QB Braxton Miller in 2014. Leads OSU to #5-6 in the nation...until he too is hurt...you know the rest...

fun tread...

• Upvote 1

cool thread

Temple High School

Kenneth Davis

Brad Dusek

Lache Seastrunk

Larry Flowers

Mike Weddington

Tevin Reese

*Dunbar High School in Temple (the black high school at the time; later converted to an elementary school that I went to)

Mean Joe Greene

Sammy Baugh grew up here but moved to Sweetwater for high school

• Upvote 1

Ward_Melville_High_School, Setauket (L.I.) NY

My HS has been the perennial NY State Lacrosse champs, so until I looked, I didn't even know that there had been a couple of NFL players:

But the best known athlete from Ward Melville is:

• Mick Foley (Class of 1983) – professional wrestler and author

Other notable alumni:

It turns out he was on the wrestling team with Mick Foley (!)

• Eric Corley (Class of 1978) – Writer, founder of 2600: the hacker quarterly, Director of freedom downtime
    He was from my neighborhood - he got an early start as a phone phreaker - I remember him showing off his black boxes on the school bus to some other kids

The Ward Melville page lists Mo_Vaughn as an alum, but it appears that he actually went to Seton Hall with Craig Biggio.

• Upvote 1

Wichita Falls Rider Raiders- ROHO

David Nelson - University of Florida

caught TD pass vs Oklahoma in the National Championship game...and as a Buffalo Bill kissed his Dallas Cowboy cheerleader girlfriend.

(In Denton...I watched him play/lose in the Rider vs Aledo deep in the playoffs...It was hands down the best highschool game that I have personally watched.)

JT Barrett - The "undisputed" Ohio State University

Enrolled as OSU freshman in spring of his HS senior year. Replaced injured QB Braxton Miller in 2014. Leads OSU to #5-6 in the nation...until he too is hurt...you know the rest...

fun tread...

Before your time.

Bub Deerinwater......http://www.examiner.com/article/bub-deerinwater-passing-marks-end-of-an-era

...and for your hated rivals, the Coyotes....

Joey Aboussie.......http://www.fanbase.com/Joseph-A-Aboussie

Ronnie Shields....http://www.soonerstats.com/football/players/details.cfm?PlayerID=1868#.VMLZuNLF-n8

Ronnie Littleton...http://www.fanbase.com/Ronnie-Littleton

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 2

yes...coyote Joey Aboussie won a state championship at "Old High" in 69-70ish...then...I think played at Texas....and lived across the street from my grandmother!

• Upvote 1

I went to Paschal HS.

So...

Zero?

Joe Don Looney- Paschal HS Fort Worth (circa 1960's)

college(s)-Texas, TCU, Oklahoma?

NFL- Lions, Redskins

the "ticket" was talking about his biography a few years back...pretty interesting stuff...I plan to read the book.

• Upvote 1