Stay Hard Jub

Green P1

I have to admit, Dunham's retirement is a sad day for me. Unlike most of you, I do not live near Denton so he has become my "life line" to the campus. Listening to the sorry play by play announcers for UNC, Duke, and many more has made me realize that George Dunham is among the very best.

If only our teams were as good, we would be ranked in the top 25 every year.

• Upvote 5

If only our teams were as good, we would be ranked in the top 25 every year.

Multiple national titles.

Don't believe me? Go back and listen to the Auburn announcers call the miracle finish to the 2013 Iron Bowl.

Can't understand a damn thing that was happening.

We were really lucky to have Geoege for as long as we did. Hank also compliments George very well.

• Upvote 5

would Rich Phillips leave his SMU gig to come back to his alma mater?

Don't like Rich Phillips as a play by play guy. Too nasaly. Dunham was good, he'll be sorely missed. Here's to you Georgieo! Thanks for all those years of great play by play! I'm sure Hank will miss your diarrhea pants in the booth!

Get Russ Martin. It'll keep the listeners confused as to what the hell is going on because he'll be so stoned on the air at all times, that all you'll hear is giggling and yelling at the interns to bring fried chicken. Should alleviate the pain of listening to loss after loss after loss. In fact, we'll probably never know the score win or lose. Fun times for all!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

George leaves shoes that are impossible to fill and he's our best fan, without a doubt a first ballot UNT hall of famer. It is interesting to think about who could be the one to fill that important position.

Based on some of the names being mentioned in this thread we have a new poll that is up you can vote on possible replacements:

Noooooooooooooooo!!!! This breaks my heart to hear. Love that guy and so proud he represented our university. Total class act. Happy for him but DAMN. Barnett is my first preference....Followill does Mavs and CFB TV. Would much rather have Dave than anyone else...hope that works out.

• Upvote 1