Stay Hard Jub

Green P1

Well, we'll hopefully have some good options to replace him.

Actually being serious here.

If we don't have good options and have to hire a no name with no association to UNT, we will know that there is much more to George's departure than meets the eye. George is very connected to local media guys, particularly UNT alums. He will let them know the good and bad associated with the gig. If none of them take it, it's a sign of bigger issues.

• Upvote 1

If we don't have good options and have to hire a no name with no association to UNT, we will know that there is much more to George's departure than meets the eye. George is very connected to local media guys, particularly UNT alums. He will let them know the good and bad associated with the gig. If none of them take it, it's a sign of bigger issues.

In case anyone decides to reply to this comment, please be aware:

tin_foil_hat.gif

• Upvote 1

We have a ton of options of incredible talent with UNT associations. Brent Baker...aka WeatherfordMeanGreen here, would be the first one I'd call if I were Rick, then go down the list.

Rick

Bill Mercer was awesome and replaced by the equally excellent George Dunham, who has done this for years. I wish he would at least stay on for football, but I can understand that working all week for the Ticket, doing their promos and events in the evening on top of his morning drive time, and then being gone all weekend can be tough. George will be replaced by someone that will do an equally excellent job.

Thank you George for your year's of service to UNT and being a great ambassador to our university.

I hope he is honored at one of our home games. He certainly deserves it.

First ballot HOF'er?

• Upvote 3

Big loss... I guess I had hoped he would do it forever. Sad day but also grateful for the years he did it.

Feel like a big part of this whole thing is going away... wish him and his family the best. He truly was UNT's greatest spokesman and fan.

So, what's our official position on step down-erers?

Obviously, we don't NEED them, in the most literal sense of the word. But, can we miss them and appreciate them?

If Dunham absolutely must be a transfer (who I'm sure has a perfectly valid reason for leaving), I'm just sad to see him go.

In hindsight, he probably wishes he made this decision one year sooner.

Going out on a high note and all.

I wonder if that pinko commie Sean Bass is ready/would be interested in the gig. I'd like to see an alumni that doesn't scream and holler into the microphone be next in line.

No way George would leave while Blake was still playing.

• Upvote 2

Wow, that's a shock. I have to wonder if there isn't more to it, but otherwise that sounds like a fair reason. Any idea who they'll try to get to replace him?

Nothing more to it. Spoke to him after the BB Radio Show this last Monday.

• Upvote 1

Its a tough day when a great announcer leaves your team--I've always thought that George was a great play-by-play announcer and was a tremendous ambassador to UNT, especially athletics. He will be missed. I suspect that Sean Bass will get the first invitation to step up to take the job, one he deserves to take on.

• Upvote 1

George made a very large donation to the press level at apogee. He is as much as part of helping us get that stadium as anyone. I for one am proud to hear him on the radio every day (if I wanted to) and am very appreciative for his years of service and enthusiasm through thick and thin.

Thank you George Dunham for everything you do, have done, and will continue to do in your own way.

This....anyone who doubts for one nano-second, his respect and love for UNT simply does not know George at all. There is no hidden agenda, nothing "more to it". George wants more time for family. Who can blame him? His schedule has been horrible, and most folks would have thrown in the towel long ago. George bleeds green and is no bandwagon or t-shirt fan.

Bill Mercer...George Dunham...two of the greats in UNT history...HOF-ers both! Like flyonthewall....I will forever appreciate the professionalism, spirit and love George gave to our program for so many years.

• Upvote 3

So, what's our official position on step down-erers?

Obviously, we don't NEED them, in the most literal sense of the word. But, can we miss them and appreciate them?

If Dunham absolutely must be a transfer (who I'm sure has a perfectly valid reason for leaving), I'm just sad to see him go.

i would label them as a Transferer... Transfer... why does that word keep changing??!?!?!?!?!?!!!?!?!

• Upvote 2