Should Lance find another team that will give him PT?

Harry

No reason that Lance can't be a Darren Sproles or Reggie Bush style back. He needs to find a new team that will give him more PT. He's excelled in the opportunities he's been given, and I'd be willing to bet if Murray didn't steal the show this year he would've been much more in the Cowboys game plan.

It's a business, and in the end, winning team matters very little when longevity in the NFL is the key for someone in Dunbar's position. If Dunbar can go somewhere else and get more PT, he needs to.

Murray isn't going to last with the amount of carries he got this year, so I would expect if he stays with Dallas to get more playing time in the future, but it's in his best interest to look elsewhere, IMO.

This is very homer-thinking. Lance is a good role-player as a guy you can get a third down with or big gain plays with dump passes because of his craftiness and speed. He hasn't shown that he is a running back you can just hand the ball off to and still make big gains like he does in limited role situations and he has had some opportunities to do so, albeit not as many as many on here would like. I love Lance on the Cowboys and he's developed his niche there, I think it's the best place for him for the time being.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

He will, the cowboys love him, he's on every special teams, and gets in on 3rd down or 2nd and long as a change up. He's in the right place, with the right coaches. I do wish he could get a few more touches in the running game, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the return game next year.

• Upvote 1

The Cowboys gave him a shot when no one else did. He worked his ass off and made the team. He's done well and has a solid reputation. I don't really see the point in discussing why he'd want to leave. I'm sure he's probably a pretty happy guy where he is. He also plays special teams, which is a huge deal.

The Cowboys gave him a shot when no one else did. He worked his ass off and made the team. He's done well and has a solid reputation. I don't really see the point in discussing why he'd want to leave. I'm sure he's probably a pretty happy guy where he is. He also plays special teams, which is a huge deal.

This will all come down to money for Lance. Will another team offer him more than the Cows? Will that amount be enough to pull Dunbar away from home?

First and foremost in Lance's mind should be finding the opportunity that is best for his family. Time will tell.

I read that Murray is likely to leave for greener ($) pastures. If thats true I would expect Dunbar to get more touches, making staying more interesting.

I doubt that will mean much for Lance. They will either draft a running back or go after a free agent to take the load if Murray leaves.

Lance fits his role perfectly. Whether he moves to another team, gets more money or whatever, I would not count on a starting role for him.

It's gotta be a pretty good place in the NFL: not taking the beating of an every-down back, yet a playmaker catching passes out of the backfield, still banking on that NFL payroll.