McDonald's by UNT shutting down?

Harry

That McDonald's opened during the Hayden

Fry era. The owners, the Phillips brothers, were cleaver enough to include life size lime green football helmet light fixtures, lime green tables and counters, and a bunch of mural size North Texas action photos all around the restaurant.

I wish more eateries would use the Mean Green motif in their decorations.

There is a Whataburger in College Station that despite the orange and white vertical stripes sports an A&M logo in the upper corner of the roof. I tried to get the manager to consider a NT logo on the Whataburger here on Ft. worth Drive to no avail.

We'll miss you McDonald's.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 6

That McDonald's will be missed, it served me well on many late nights coming back from partying in Dallas or on Wednesday nights coming from Rockin Rodeo's college nights. Hope the IHOP isn't touched.

Agreed -- that was a good location coming to and from games as well.

Fry era. The owners, the Phillips brothers, were cleaver enough to include life size lime green football helmet light fixtures, lime green tables and counters, and a bunch of mural size North Texas action photos all around the restaurant.

I always loved those lights since the first time I saw them at around age 7. Would have loved to have gotten one.

Did anybody on here get one or know of someone that did?

• Upvote 3

Phillips brothers did a lot of advertising and promotions with North Texas while I worked doing promos, etc. They are good businessmen who also had a soft heart for us even in the I-AA days.

The place just was never the same after it was renovated. I don't even remember if that was in the 80's or 90's.

I'll never forget (unfortunately) one year in the early 80's that we had homecoming the same day as TX-OU. A bunch of us from the band went to get breakfast before the parade, and the place was filled with Sooners stopping off before going to the Cotton Bowl. :growl: I couldn't help but think "Hey, this is our homecoming - get out of here!" But that wasn't the last time homecoming was scheduled the same day as TX-OU - why???

• Upvote 1

Good. Glad it's gone. Can't wait for the crappy Sack-N-Save to be bulldozed. It's a freaking eyesore.

Wish that whole area from McCormick to North Texas Blvd would be re-done.

The only thing I'll miss about McDonalds is the cute blond day manager that worked there when I was in college.

Edited by UNT90