Collin Voss eyeing football ?

NT03

How would he have a year of eligibility left?

I'm wondering the same thing as well. Once you enroll in college as a full-time student, regardless of what sport you're playing or if you're even playing a sport at all when you first enroll full time, you get 5 years to play 4 (1 redshirt year). This is his 5th year of college as a redshirt senior, as his eligibility counter started in 2010-2011 when he enrolled at CMU. At least that's how I understood it.

If he does get a chance then sure. Like GMG24 said, as long as it doesn't take a spot in the class or the 85 total scholarship limit. He'd have a chance to get ready in time for spring ball.

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - Colin Voss sat on the team bus on the long ride home from Texas Tech in Lubbock to Denton. Five hours looking out the window at nothing but prairie grass gives you time to think.

The redshirt senior plays Division I basketball for the University North Texas. He had four points and seven rebounds in a 60-45 loss to Texas Tech on Dec. 29. The 6-foot-7 forward out of East Grand Rapids High School has started every game for the Mean Green and they’ve had a solid 6-6 season so far.

16682048-small.jpgColin Voss

But Voss was thinking about what he’s going to do after this season is over. That’s when the thought of playing football again creeped into his mind.

“I do think about that sometimes,” said Voss, who was an all-state tight end for EGR and played on four state championship teams under coach Peter Sturrsma. “I’ve talked to people about that here. I think I could play football. I’d have one year of eligibility. If I can put on 15 pounds, I’d be good. I can still run.”

more here: http://www.mlive.com/smallcolleges/grandrapids/index.ssf/2015/01/post_41.html

• Upvote 1