Son Of A #%+=# Freaking Holding Penalty! Aaaargh!

FirefightnRick

It is to bad they didn't take care of business early in 3rd quarter and go up big, reps should have been split between RANDLE and Dunbar. Is there a reason other than you trolling as to why you are in the football message board? Don't you have some BS excuses to come up with for why we get our rear-ends handed to us again?

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

We've heard so much praise for Dunbar - from Garrett & in various articles. He's such a playmaker & has the skills to really make plays. BUT THEY BARELY USE HIM! Am I missing something? I just don't understand. How is he supposed to ever find a groove or get into any kind of rythm if he barely plays?

They use Dunbar as a 3rd down back. That is the way he should be used. He is too small to hold up to the constant pounding a back takes in the NFL. Not to mention when he did get 2nd team touches earlier in the year, he was unproductive for whatever reason. He needs the ball in space, which is why the 3rd down role fits him so perfectly.

He will make is mark in the NFL as a third down back who is a great receiving threat. That is his nitch, and he can play in the NFL for 10 years doing it.

I was shocked that he hasn't scored an NFL TD yet. Too bad he was robbed of an 80 yard run by a cheap holding penalty.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

We've heard so much praise for Dunbar - from Garrett & in various articles. He's such a playmaker & has the skills to really make plays. BUT THEY BARELY USE HIM! Am I missing something? I just don't understand. How is he supposed to ever find a groove or get into any kind of rythm if he barely plays?

Jerry jones was praising him as well in the begining of the year. I no clue why he would not Atleast split handoffs with Randall. I thought after du bar broke that big one as caught a bad break the coaches would have given him a second chance at a TD when they were closer to the end zone.

They use Dunbar as a 3rd down back. That is the way he should be used. He is too small to hold up to the constant pounding a back takes in the NFL. Not to mention when he did get 2nd team touches earlier in the year, he was unproductive for whatever reason. He needs the ball in space, which is why the 3rd down role fits him so perfectly.

He will make is mark in the NFL as a third down back who is a great receiving threat. That is his nitch, and he can play in the NFL for 10 years doing it.

I was shocked that he hasn't scored an NFL TD yet. Too bad he was robbed of an 80 yard run by a cheap holding penalty.

Agree, but on that particular play, he created his own space with the nice juke and shedding the tackle. He truly showcased his talent that the rest of us here knows he has. A third down roll is perfect for him no doubt.

Man what a sweet run.

Rick

Lance is a restricted free agent this coming offseason and hopefully another team will pick him up and give him more opportunities running between the tackles. I'm confident the Cowboys will give him a qualifying offer, maybe another team has noticed Lance and will give him a shot. I believe he could carry the ball 10-15 times a game in addition to maintaining the third down back role. There are several backs who are Dunbars size who do just fine.

He went for 12/84 against Oakland last year before his injury, that was the only game he was given a chance to get a few consecutive carries.

Edited by ntmeangreen11

Lance is a restricted free agent this coming offseason and hopefully another team will pick him up and give him more opportunities running between the tackles. I'm confident the Cowboys will give him a qualifying offer, maybe another team has noticed Lance and will give him a shot. I believe he could carry the ball 10-15 times a game in addition to maintaining the third down back role. There are several backs who are Dunbars size who do just fine.

He went for 12/84 against Oakland last year before his injury, that was the only game he was given a chance to get a few consecutive carries.

Speaking of Oakland, they could REALLY use some help in the backfield.

Lance is a restricted free agent this coming offseason and hopefully another team will pick him up and give him more opportunities running between the tackles.

Man, I hope not. Half of the fun with Lance is that he continues to be on the teams I root for. Also, I want my signed Lance Dunbar Cowboys jersey to get more years of wear.

Also, I cried in the middle of a Hooters on that play. My wife wasn't even mad at me, either.

Edited by UNTDoubleAlum

He's been healthy all year I don't think a freak play where he had a helmet meet his kneecap before he could even react last season means much. If Lance played for Jacksonville, Tampa Bay, Oakland, or the NYJ he would have had a lot more carries this season. I like seeing him in a cowboys helmet as well but it might be in his best interest to sign with another team either this offseason or next.

Murray is a restricted free agent as well so while the Cowboys will give Lance a qualifying offer I highly doubt they would match if another team offered a higher salary. The question is whether or not he has done enough to catch the eye of other teams and I'm leaning towards no right now, the playoffs could change that.