TU gets commitment from President, 4-star Texas QB recruit

Harry

After decommitting from Baylor on Tuesday, quarterback Chad President waited until Christmas night to announce his decision to attend the University of Tulsa.

I was planning on committing today, just as a little present for coach (Philip) Montgomery, President said by phone Thursday night. I told him I had a present for him and that Ill be up there in the spring.

President is a Rivals.com four-star prospect from Temple, Texas, and is ranked the No. 9 dual-threat quarterback nationally. He had been verbally committed to Baylor since April and would have stuck with the Bears if Montgomery hadnt been hired two weeks ago by Tulsa, he said.

At Baylor, Montgomery coached quarterbacks in addition to calling plays for an offense that ranks first nationally in total offense this season.

Read more: http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/sportsextralatest/tu-gets-commitment-from-chad-president-a-four-star-texas/article_7ea1ef1b-9beb-5a5d-bced-95cdc6ad2601.html

Based on the title, I thought

- this was about an article an Aggie wrote about UT

- it involved either the UT president or Obama (why? that's what made me click on it!)

- I didn't see why UT getting a commitment from a 4-star QB recruit would be news...

:wacko:

• Upvote 2

- it involved either the UT president or Obama (why? that's what made me click on it!)

- I didn't see why UT getting a commitment from a 4-star QB recruit would be news...

LOL

UT getting a commitment from President Obama would have been huge, though...