New Orleans Bowl starting 10am ULL vs. Nevada

Harry

ULL's three starting/rotating Defensive Tackles.

#6 Justin Hamilton...6' 2"..310 lbs..Sr, Natches Miss

#9 Christian Ringo...6' 1"..277 lbs..Sr, Jackson, Miss

#93 Marquis White 6'5"..315 lbs..Jr, Orlando, Fla.

Amazing, three good sized DT's recruited straight out of the heart of SEC country. How do they do it? How do they do the impossible? Such a mystery!

Rick

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

ULL's three starting/rotating Defensive Tackles.

#6 Justin Hamilton...6' 2"..310 lbs..Sr, Natches Miss

#9 Christian Ringo...6' 1"..277 lbs..Sr, Jackson, Miss

#93 Marquis White 6'5"..315 lbs..Jr, Orlando, Fla.

Amazing, three good sized DT's recruited straight out of the heart of SEC country. How do they do it? How do they do the impossible? Such a mystery!

Rick

Who knows what we look for. Of course, being big does not make you good, but we have a couple at SOC that are good sized and thought enough of that they have offers from La Tech, USM, etc... yet we don't go after them.

Actually, the locals pronounce it LAF-I-yet. A French 'a' is a broad ay (as in hay) (e.g. Amite) or 'ah' (e.g. Baton Rouge) or 'uh' (e.g. New Iberia. They don't have the hard Lah-sound of the Spanish. My grandfather's middle name was Lafayette and he occasionally was called 'LAFF-ee' as a nickname.

I consider them the most deserving replacement of UAB and that would help solve some of the pronouncement problem. Since there would be no other Louisiana @ in the same conference they could simply be called 'Louisiana' as they prefer. The University of Louisiana at Monroe prefers ULM. Yes, I know that officially (thanks to the LSU state lawmakers) Louisiana-Lafayette is not a flagship university but they are the oldest and largest and they would be called 'Louisiana' through usage; not officially.

We often wonder if they do this on purpose! The Leopards logo pops up too darn often to not know better. You'd think they know better; especially since we've been in this bowl, covered by ESPN, 4 straight years! Just makes you shake your head.

Regardless, proud of the team. They really showed up saturday. Would like to have seen that defense during the season!

Happy Holidays.

Actually, the locals pronounce it LAF-I-yet. A French 'a' is a broad ay (as in hay) (e.g. Amite) or 'ah' (e.g. Baton Rouge) or 'uh' (e.g. New Iberia. They don't have the hard Lah-sound of the Spanish. My grandfather's middle name was Lafayette and he occasionally was called 'LAFF-ee' as a nickname.

I consider them the most deserving replacement of UAB and that would help solve some of the pronouncement problem. Since there would be no other Louisiana @ in the same conference they could simply be called 'Louisiana' as they prefer. The University of Louisiana at Monroe prefers ULM. Yes, I know that officially (thanks to the LSU state lawmakers) Louisiana-Lafayette is not a flagship university but they are the oldest and largest and they would be called 'Louisiana' through usage; not officially.

To the best of my knowledge, the only forbidden reference is "University of Louisiana" without the city tag. Given time, I'm sure the legislature will figure out a way to ban "Louisiana" as well. Anyway, doubt moving conferences would help in this regard. And while the Tech administration might support our entry, or perhaps better stated, not oppose it; I don't think they would endorse the name without Lafayette. No worries though. Cheers!

?? outside of LSU & Tulane; Northwestern St & LaTech are both older than ULL

Edited by techdawg88
  • Upvote 1

I was in New Orleans this weekend. I forgot about the New Orleans Bowl until we passed the Super Dome on our way to the hotel and i saw the ULL Football trailer.

Anyway, i'm sitting in a bar Sunday afternoon and I start talking to a ULL fan while watching the Cowboys game. I tell him I'm a "sorta" Ragin' Cajan fan and he looks at my green windbreaker with Mean Green and the new logo on the front. And he asks me, "So, you're a Green Wave fan ?"

This guy is a dentist and a ULL fan and didn't recognize a North Texas Mean Green logo.

And we think we've come so far.

GO MEAN GREEN

I was in New Orleans this weekend. I forgot about the New Orleans Bowl until we passed the Super Dome on our way to the hotel and i saw the ULL Football trailer.

Anyway, i'm sitting in a bar Sunday afternoon and I start talking to a ULL fan while watching the Cowboys game. I tell him I'm a "sorta" Ragin' Cajan fan and he looks at my green windbreaker with Mean Green and the new logo on the front. And he asks me, "So, you're a Green Wave fan ?"

This guy is a dentist and a ULL fan and didn't recognize a North Texas Mean Green logo.

And we think we've come so far.

GO MEAN GREEN

Sadly, there are quite a few fans in the recent bowl run that have only attended that 1 game. The one in New Orleans! Lots of alumni there. I would expect more to recognize the North Texas logo. The game in Lafayette with you guys a few years back is still a top-ten attendance game I believe.:)