The Recruit 15 Campaign

oldguystudent

I see a new campaign on the Mean Green Club website that challenges current members to recruit 15 new members by August 31, 2015, with an ultimate goal of reaching 2,000 members by that date.

The Mean Green Club has introduced a new level of giving, Spiriki, at a mere $25 a year.

For every 15 new members who register online at a minimum gift of $25, the recruiting member will:

• earn bonus priority points;
  • be recognized at the MGC appreciation event in the summer;
  • be entered into a drawing to have a $25,000 endowed scholarship established in their name at North Texas and become a lifetime member of the Mean Green Club's Forever Mean Green Society.

The more recruits a member brings in, the more points and endowment-drawing chances the member will earn:

• For 15 new MGC recruits, the member will earn 15 bonus priority points and one entry in the endowment drawing;
  • For 20 recruits, 40 bonus priority points and three entries in the drawing;
  • For 30 recruits, 60 bonus priority points and six entries in the drawing;
  • For 40 recruits, 80 bonus priority points and 10 entires in the drawing.

Only thing I can't find is what a $25 giving level entitles the new member to. I know there used to be a handy chart of what each giving level gets, but I can't find it anymore. I know I've had people not affiliated with the school asking me about tickets, so if this $25 level can get them in the stadium, I'm all for it.

Let's please not complain about the low gift amount, and hopefully focus on the end goal -- butts in the seats. Butts lead to wins lead to loyalty leads to more committed giving leads to more butts lead to wins lead to loyalty leads to more committed giving.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Only thing I can't find is what a $25 giving level entitles the new member to. I know there used to be a handy chart of what each giving level gets, but I can't find it anymore. I know I've had people not affiliated with the school asking me about tickets, so if this $25 level can get them in the stadium, I'm all for it.

It took me a bit to find this:

Spiriki Member $25.00-$124.99 Receive all of the following benefits:
  • Mean Green Club Auto Decal
  • Program Recognition
  • Mean Green Club Gift
  • Weekly Newsletter and Email Annoucements
Eagle Pride $125.00-$249.99 This donor level includes all of the Spiriki Member benefits plus:
  • Opportunity to purchase up to 2 FB Away Tix
  • Opportunity to Purchase Post Season Tix
  • Ability to purchase 2 Priority FB Season Tix
Green and White $250.00-$499.99 This donor level includes all of the Eagle Pride benefits plus:
  • Ability to purchase 4 Priority Home FB Season Tix
  • Eligiible for 1 Football Parking Pass
  • Mean Green WBB Hospitality Room - 2 People
Victory Circle $500.00-$999.99 This donor level includes all of the Green and White benefits plus:
  • MBB/WBB Hospitality Room - 2 People
  • Opportunity to Purchase Post Season Tix
  • Ability to purchase 4 Priority Home FB Season Tix
  • Eligiible for 1 Football Parking Pass
  • Ability to purchase additional FB Parking Passes
  • Opportunity to purchase up to 4 Away FB Tix
Bronze Eagle $1,000.00-$2,499.99 This donor level includes all of the Victory Circle benefits plus:
  • Ability to purchase 6 Priority Home FB Season Tix
  • MBB/WBB Hospitality Room - 4 People
  • 2 Mean Green Sports Passes
  • Ability to purchase 2 MBB Floor Seats
  • Eligible for Basketball Priority Parking
  • Opportunity to purchase up to 4 Away FB Tix
  • Eligible for 2 Red/Blue FB Parking Passes
Golden Eagle $2,500.00-$4,999.99 This donor level includes all of the Bronze Eagle benefits plus:
  • Ability to purchase 8 Priority Home FB Season Tix
  • MBB/WBB Hospitality Room - 6 People
  • Eligible to purchase up to 4 MBB Floor Seats
  • Eligible for 1 Reserved, 1 Red/Blue FB Parking
Emerald Eagle $5,000.00-$9,999.99 This donor level includes all of the Golden Eagle benefits plus:
  • Ability to purchase 10 Priority Home FB Season Tix
  • MBB/WBB Hospitality Room - 8 People
  • Eligible to purchase up to 4 MBB Floor Seats
  • Opportunity to purchase up to 8 FB Away Tix
  • Eligible for 2 Red/Blue FB Parking Passes
Diamond Eagle $10,000.00-$14,999.99 This donor level includes all of the Emerald Eagle benefits plus:
  • Ability to purchase 12 Priority Home FB Season Tix
  • Eligble to purchase up to 6 MBB Floor Seats
  • Eligible for 3 Reserved Parking Passes
Platinum Eagle $15,000.00 + This donor level includes all of the Diamond Eagle benefits plus:
  • MBB/WBB Hospitality Room-10 People
  • Eligble to purchase up to 8 MBB Floor Seats
  • Opportunity to purchase up to 10 Away FB Tix
  • Eligible for 4 Reserved, 1 Red/Blue Parking Pas
  • Upvote 3

How about, instead of a drawing you simply give the person who brings in the most the naming of the endowed scholarship? That way, the guy who works his ass off bringing in 30--45-50 members doesn't stand a chance to lose to the one who barely brought in 15.....#Logc

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

How about, instead of a drawing you simply give the person who brings in the most the naming of the endowed scholarship? That way, the guy who works his ass off bringing in 30--45-50 members doesn't stand a chance to lose to the one who barely brought in 15.....#Logc

Rick

Or two prizes, a drawing and something for whomever brings the most. If you just do a who brought the most prize then you dramatically cut the number of participants. Only a few know enough people to get the most, but almost everyone can find 15 people.

Frankly, I'm happy they are just trying something different. I'm happy they are making an obvious effort at trying!

• Upvote 4

Rick

Like I tell my wife, they did it so you would have something else to complain about. Good grief.

It's a perfectly logically approach, it encourages everyone to participate vs giving up if they feel like they can't get 40 or 50 referrals to get the prize.

#wrinkledhundreddollarbill

Edited by meangreanmick
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Or two prizes, a drawing and something for whomever brings the most. If you just do a who brought the most prize then you dramatically cut the number of participants. Only a few know enough people to get the most, but almost everyone can find 15 people.

Frankly, I'm happy they are just trying something different. I'm happy they are making an obvious effort at trying!

This

Like I tell my wife, they did it so you would have something else to complain about. Good grief.

It's a perfectly logically approach, it encourages everyone to participate vs giving up if they feel like they can't get 40 or 50 referrals to get the prize.

No not really. The logical approach would be to actually have the folks who are paid to draw in MGC members do it instead of laying that responsibility at the feet of the fans.

But, like Emmitt says, at least it's something.

In a time when we have people with club seats and parking passes who can't even give those away to encourage others to attend, my hats off to anyone who actually finds 15 people to join.

Rick

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

No kidding.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

No not really. The logical approach would be to actually have the folks who are paid to draw in MGC members do it instead of laying that responsibility at the feet of the fans.

But, like Emmitt says, at least it's something.

In a time when we have people with club seats and parking passes who can't even give those away to encourage others to attend, my hats off to anyone who actually finds 15 people to join.

Rick

Yeah, you're right, I have never seen a company use a customer referral incentive program before. But if I do, I will make sure I tell them it's not logical and they should only use paid employees to do that.

• Upvote 5

Yeah, you're right, I have never seen a company use a customer referral incentive program before. But if I do, I will make sure I tell them it's not logical and they should only use paid employees to do that.

This isn't a company. If it were it would have filed for bankruptcy years ago.

Successful companies may have customer referral programs as incentives for repeats and sales, but they don't rely solely on them to expand their customer base. Instead they rely on the quality of their product or service.

Put out a lousy product and crappy service and see how successful your customer referral incentive program is.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

This isn't a company. If it were it would have filed for bankruptcy years ago.

Successful companies may have customer referral programs as incentives for repeats and sales, but they don't rely solely on them to expand their customer base. Instead they rely on the quality of their product or service.

Put out a lousy product and crappy service and see how successful your customer referral incentive program is.

Rick

So, it's your position that since the athletic department hasn't done some things as well as it should have, they shouldn't do anything? They don't "soley" rely on this - it's just started. I hear lots of folks on here complaining because athletics doesn't do enough to increase MG club and season tickets. Here they are at least trying something successful businesses do and you just want to complain about that.

I am not happy with results or a lot of what has gone on with the athletic department. I think there should be more accountability for results (scheduling should improve, coaches and AD should be accountable, more should be done to increase season tickets, etc). But I ABSOLUTELY WILL SUPPORT it when they try to do something good.

• Upvote 3

Ticket sales had already been given to a Contractor to sell and TicketMaster to process. Now fans are asked to sell MGC themselves, with even a de-valued entry level option, slightly above poverty.

However, attendance and interest in the program will continue to decline until the product on the field and court are made entertaining, competitive and playing against at least peer programs. Business 101.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So, it's your position that since the athletic department hasn't done some things as well as it should have, they shouldn't do anything? They don't "soley" rely on this - it's just started. I hear lots of folks on here complaining because athletics doesn't do enough to increase MG club and season tickets. Here they are at least trying something successful businesses do and you just want to complain about that.

I am not happy with results or a lot of what has gone on with the athletic department. I think there should be more accountability for results (scheduling should improve, coaches and AD should be accountable, more should be done to increase season tickets, etc). But I ABSOLUTELY WILL SUPPORT it when they try to do something good.

I never said that, in fact, I believe my first post in this thread was a "constructive" criticism. A sarcastic one, but constructive non the less.

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

OK, here's the deal...if you are a new $25 donor you get ONE free ticket for each of the home games in the Eagle Wing section. That way new members could get a peek at the product and will probably bring one PAYING customer with them. As I have said so many time, empty seats do not buy cokes, hot dogs or t-shirts.