Heart of Dallas Bowl

NT03

UNT90 is full of it -- Dallas is hopping right now -- tons of stuff to do. Nothing against FW but this bowl is in Dallas. Tons of nice hotels, restaurants shopping etc..You guys are going to love this bowl game and I expect you will get a good turnout from Illinois. Our team hotel was the Omni and if you can stay there I would... it is very new and very nice. There is too much to list for you to do but downtown is coming back and there are neat places in uptown which is just north of downtown... maybe if you told us what you like, it steak, seafood, clubs entertainment and we could give you some thoughts..there are museums like the JFK and such that many want to check out as well. Last year was a great time and I know you guys will really enjoy it. Congratulations!

Speaking of the HoD Bowl, our conference mates already forgot that we were even in it last year, let alone won it...

http://csnbbs.com/thread-717801-page-2.html

I forgot CUSA didn't have a slot in the HoD last year.

I don't have an account on those boards or I'd correct the mistake. If anyone else does have an account, feel free to do so...

• Upvote 1

Stay in Ft Worth.....and not be around 1 other LA Tech fan. You country boys need to tap the breaks. Dallas has plenty to offer

Yeah, ask every journalist that got iced in around Dallas for the last Super Bowl where they prefer their accommodations to be the next time a Super Bowl is held in Arlington? And, where has the last two College Game Day's for a game in Arlington been held and where is the last one for this season going to be?

There's a reason the answer to all of that is downtown Fort Worth.

Rick

• Downvote 1

UNT90 is full of it -- Dallas is hopping right now -- tons of stuff to do. Nothing against FW but this bowl is in Dallas. Tons of nice hotels, restaurants shopping etc..You guys are going to love this bowl game and I expect you will get a good turnout from Illinois. Our team hotel was the Omni and if you can stay there I would... it is very new and very nice. There is too much to list for you to do but downtown is coming back and there are neat places in uptown which is just north of downtown... maybe if you told us what you like, it steak, seafood, clubs entertainment and we could give you some thoughts..there are museums like the JFK and such that many want to check out as well. Last year was a great time and I know you guys will really enjoy it. Congratulations!

Hey, hey!

If I were this guy and knew the difference between downtown Dallas and downtown Fort Worth, I would stay in Fort Worth except for either the night before (if an 11Am kick) or the night of the game (if a 6pm kick).

So, if you are here for 3 days, spend 2 in Cowtown and one at the game.

I do agree with Harry about the Omni for the one night in Dallas. Very nice. And there is one in downtown Fort Worth, also.

If you choose Fort Worth, the museum district is less than 3 miles from downtown, Shopping and nightlife on W. 7th St. less than a mile from downtown, Sundance plaza downtown will have the Christmas tree up and is a must see with or without kiddos, Coyote Drive In is less than a mile north of downtown and will have an ourdoor ice rink for skating, and there are plenty of fine dining options all over downtown.

There is a reason ESPN broadcasts from Sundance Plaza in downtown Fort Worth EVERY time they are in town (including doing Gameday from there earlier this year for a game at Jerryworld). It's simply a much better downtown experience. Plus, the people as a whole are a lot nicer.

Just sayin...

Edited by UNT90
  • Downvote 2

I can't believe people are pushing Dawg fans to Fort Worth - Armed Forces Bowl maybe but seriously get out and explore. Can't go wrong with any of the following:

Hotels

Omni - great base

Crescent Court - near uptown

Mansion on Turtle Creek - near uptown more secluded and luxury

Hotel ZaZa - cool and hip edgy hotel

Ritz Carlton - walking distance to uptown and can jump on the trolley up to West Village

All of these hotels are a short train ride to the Cotton Bowl or quick easy less than 15 minute drive

Sites

JFK Sixth Floor Museum

Nasher Sculpture Center

Dallas Museum of Art

Entertainment

Dallas Mavs game

Dallas Stars game

Klyde Warren Park - if nice out the food trucks are awesome and can relax in the park

Main Street - bars and clubs - lazy, pub style and hip

Elm Street - more bars

West Village - great restaurants and shopping

Northpark - excellent shopping mall and nice holiday decorations/setups

McKinney Avenue - plenty of bars and restaurants - fun zone

Deep Ellum - some excellent bars, coffee shops and restaurants - fun hip Austin vibe zone - great beer halls and brewery too

Pecan Lodge at Deep Ellum - fantastic

Fair Park - on gameday there are some excellent craft beer bars across the street from the Fair Park area - Exposition I believe

Take a jaunt to Fort Worth if you want as there are great places in Sundance Square. Hit Six Flags Holiday In the Park in Arlington. Take a tour of Jerryworld which is cool.

Enjoy our fine cities and beat the heck out of Illinois. You guys have an outstanding squad this year. I hope to be there cheering on the conference too.

GMG

• Upvote 2