Who's in playoff ?

NT03

I expect the committee to select Ohio State now that they have the chance. They will either say directly, or imply, that they selected 4 clear cut conference champions in an effort to put pressure on the Big12-2.

At a minimum, I expect the Big12-2 to add head to head as a tie breaker, but I believe the rest of the conferences want to force the Big12-2 to be able to produce a single champion, however they decide to cause that to happen.

Nothing like a little drama to force changes. It should be an interesting week. If the other conferences are able to pressure the Big12-2 into becoming the Big12, then there will likely be direct impact to CUSA by the resulting realignment.

In the end, it probably won't be a positive impact to CUSA if changes occur, so the best thing for us is for TCU/Baylor to get selected so there is not a chain reaction.

If CUSA ever wants a shot at a spot it must think outside of the box & get creative... Have a 20 (or 24) memeber league , 4 divisons Create our own little 4 team playoff with all the division champs. Just hope to hell someone can make it undefeated and can sneak it. Under the current format no nonp5 school will ever get in.

• Upvote 1

I think Ohio State gets in....big convincing win in a championship game against a ranked opponent...

plus...it would put the "TCU or Baylor" debate to bed.

The B12 screwed TCU & Baylor by not having a championship or tie braker game. I didn't like it when the PAC10 & BIG10 didn't have to play one and now B12. If you're in a big bad Power 5 conference...then you should have to...the other 4 are.

we'll see...I am pulling for TCU.

"One True Champion" *or 2

that's "one" funny slogan now....everyone gets a blue ribbon

I hate this format . Should be 5 Confernce champs & 3 at large IMO

agree...8 would be ideal...but at least now D1 football has a plus-one playoff-championship...much better than the past

It is going to be interesting. I'm not sure how beating #11 Wisconsin is better than beating #9 KSU? If you count total wins over ranked opponents, then it's Baylor. Bob Stoops has argued against a championship game for years for exactly the reason that the two best teams in a conference could well be in the same division as would have been the case with Baylor and TCU.

• Upvote 1

I think Ohio State gets in....big convincing win in a championship game against a ranked opponent...

plus...it would put the "TCU or Baylor" debate to bed.

The B12 screwed TCU & Baylor by not having a championship or tie braker game. I didn't like it when the PAC10 & BIG10 didn't have to play one and now B12. If you're in a big bad Power 5 conference...then you should have to...the other 4 are.

we'll see...I am pulling for TCU.

"One True Champion" *or 2

that's "one" funny slogan now....everyone gets a blue ribbon

13 people having to agree on something often leads to compromise, and Ohio St. is the perfect compromise selection. They destroyed a so/so Wisconsin team that was ranked in their title game, which gives the committee the perfect out.

There is only one member on that committee who isn't associated with a P5 school. No one wants TCU in because they just made the move up 3 years ago. Consciously or subconsciously, this is a HUGE factor working against them with 12 of the 13 committee members.

Both Baylor and TCU are also hurt by religious affiliation and the fact that there is not a clear cut champion of the Big 12. Every little thing matters.

Ohio St. is a P5 blue blood, has a huge following that will travel 50k strong to a playoff game, no matter where that game is played, and, very simply, makes life easier for the selection committee.

I think you see them jump both TCU and Baylor for the final spot.

Ohio St lost to a pretty bad VA Tech team and everyone seems to forget about that. Last night in the FSU v Ga Tech post game Herbstreit have his 2 cents and his 2 cents consisted if the 3 locks and of course his alma matar, Ohio State. I don't care what Ohio State did last night, but without their starting QB (Braxton Miller not JT Barrett) they don't stand a chance in hell vs the other 3. So why are people even having this discussion...oh nvm....$.

Joke.

Mean Green athletic department...

Bigger joke.

Unfortunately, TCU deserves that 4th spot.

GMG.

• Downvote 1

I hate this format . Should be 5 Confernce champs & 3 at large IMO

I think Bama, Oregon & Florida State are locks.

So who would you pick as the 4th team ?

It's a fake playoff unless every FBS Conference Champ is included and a few at-large teams, 16 total teams. First two rounds are at home sites of the higher seed, then current format, like the FCS playoffs.

Otherwise, the debate has simply shifted to who got left out and should have been #4 seed.

Unlike every other level of football playoff, there is no real Champ determined in this FBS process.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

13 people having to agree on something often leads to compromise, and Ohio St. is the perfect compromise selection. They destroyed a so/so Wisconsin team that was ranked in their title game, which gives the committee the perfect out.

There is only one member on that committee who isn't associated with a P5 school. No one wants TCU in because they just made the move up 3 years ago. Consciously or subconsciously, this is a HUGE factor working against them with 12 of the 13 committee members.

Both Baylor and TCU are also hurt by religious affiliation and the fact that there is not a clear cut champion of the Big 12. Every little thing matters.

Ohio St. is a P5 blue blood, has a huge following that will travel 50k strong to a playoff game, no matter where that game is played, and, very simply, makes life easier for the selection committee.

all good points.

Ohio State is the easier choice...bigger fan base that travels well. I drove by the TCU game yesterday and it was not even close to being sold out. I kept thinking wow...it's their last home game of the season, it's perfect weather and they're ranked #3 in THE NATION!

Edited by 3XL

Told you Mofos.

Only the blue bloods need apply. If there is any reason to leave out a TCU or a Baylor, this committee will do it. IT'S WHY THESE PEOPLE WERE PICKED TO BE ON THAT COMMITTEE!

TCU or Bayor will need to go undefeated and win a conference championship game to get selected. Plain and simple. Even then, it's a dicey proposition. If TCU had Floroda St.'s results this year, they would still be on the outside looking in simply because they aren't named Florida St.

There was no way a team that was a member of a G5 three years ago was getting in that tournament. Dropping TCU from 3 to 6 is a joke, as is putting in an Ohio St. team who lost at home to Va. Tech.

What we got from this committee is exactly what I expected when the people who make up the committee were announced. Still, it's a huge disappointment.

Edited by UNT90

To be honest, this is a CFB travesty and I always wish nothing but the worst for TCU.

TCU's only loss was to a top 5 team. Let that sink in, top 5. OSU lost to an unranked bad team, at home. Also, regardless of how their 3rd stringer looked last night it is their 3rd string QB and against top competition he will show his colors. Add insult to injury, one of the criteria of the committee is to take impactful injuries into serious consideration. The QB position is a pretty damn impactful position on the field.

Joke.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Let's see:

One school that would kill off or force down any program it deemed not worthy (Ohio St)

One program that actually killed off another smaller program just for the money (Alabama)

One program that has a prick for a quarterback (Florida St)

And one program that has so much money they wear different uniforms every week (Oregon)

Picking a team to root for will be like choosing a limb to be amputated.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

In case they needed to make the greed stand out even more, it's recently been announced that each school will only have 500 student tickets allocated to the CFP games. So does each of the four CFP school get to figure out how to distrubute those? Well, no.

Taco Bell has bought the rights to this Live Mas Student Section and they will decide which of the 500 students at each school gets to go. How will they decide who gets to go? Who ever pimps themselves out via taco bell social media hashtags of course.

"The Live Mas Student Section brings one of the most important and impactful elements of football typically reserved for the regular season into the inaugural College Football Playoff," said Chris Brandt, chief marketing officer for Taco Bell, in a statement. "The passionate student fans define what it is to Live Más, especially at playoff games, and we're thrilled to be able to provide such a memorable experience with a Taco Bell twist."

In case they needed to make the greed stand out even more, it's recently been announced that each school will only have 500 student tickets allocated to the CFP games. So does each of the four CFP school get to figure out how to distrubute those? Well, no.

Taco Bell has bought the rights to this Live Mas Student Section and they will decide which of the 500 students at each school gets to go. How will they decide who gets to go? Who ever pimps themselves out via taco bell social media hashtags of course.

Wow.

Just wow.