My Euless Dream for UNT

eulessismore

Moves closer to becoming a reality. My Tongan neighbor and I are headed to Denton to watch the Euless Trinity vs. Allen game Saturday. He says there is starting to be a lot of talk among current Euless players about UNT. Let's all give the Euless folks a big Apogee welcome this weekend and let them know what some of them are already thinking: that UNT and Denton are places where that Polynesian spirit can thrive.

• Upvote 7

I had a Euless dream once, but a storm front blew threw and knocked me away for six months in the aughts. Now all that's left is an old statue of a Euless eagle and a tattered Chone Figgins jersey. I hope yours ends much better.

• Upvote 3

Maybe Mac's gonna' get us a big ol' Tongan and put him at QB.

Totally fits the ball protection mentality.

Big hands to protect the ball.

We'll run a QB draw every down. Three yds and a cloud of dust.

And it's easy to know the playbook backwards and forwards.

Seriously, hope we are able to get a pipeline into recruiting these players.

• Upvote 1

Nope. No UNT coaches could be spotted by my eyes, yet I saw two SMU coaches one is the new recruiting coordinator. Parking was a joke. Traffic flow was also a joke. Even more so than game day for UNT. Heard several sly comments from Allen fans that this "wasn't a UNT game and they needed to get more staff." While I couldn't have agreed more about staff. I was kind of pissed so I replied sir, we actually have the same type of attendance for our home games as well. I did hear multiple people complaining about restrooms. One woman said 2 out of 20 stalls she went into had TP. THAT WAS 4 minutes into the game. Womp womp.

On the flip side I did hear a ton of fans from both sides remark on how nice of a stadium we had and how they were very impressed.

Nope. No UNT coaches could be spotted by my eyes, yet I saw two SMU coaches one is the new recruiting coordinator. Parking was a joke. Traffic flow was also a joke. Even more so than game day for UNT. Heard several sly comments from Allen fans that this "wasn't a UNT game and they needed to get more staff." While I couldn't have agreed more about staff. I was kind of pissed so I replied sir, we actually have the same type of attendance for our home games as well. I did hear multiple people complaining about restrooms. One woman said 2 out of 20 stalls she went into had TP. THAT WAS 4 minutes into the game. Womp womp.

On the flip side I did hear a ton of fans from both sides remark on how nice of a stadium we had and how they were very impressed.

I want to believe they were up in the boxes or a suite possibly? Who knows?

Rick

If Rules allowed,... They should have been green head to toe and stuck out like a sore thumb. And that "event" at club level... Hmm 7 people sat outside in the seats to watch the game. Looked like most of the suites were being used.

Lifer suggested in another thread that host schools are not allowed to be on the field with potential recruits.

Then they forgot to tell Chad Morris because he was on the sidelines at SMU today and was interviewed on the sidelines in the 2nd quarter of the Cedar Hill vs Southlake Cheaters game.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Lifer suggested in another thread that host schools are not allowed to be on the field with potential recruits.

I know that used to be the rule, but I wasn't sure anymore. It's one of the few recruiting rules that actually makes sense.

I'm surprised at the number of SMU coaches at the game since their football team was playing (and winning!) at UConn today. Did someone take a Concord out of mothballs?

I hope the Trinity players thought the stadium was great although the game didn't go their way.

Folks from Euless commented about how nice the stadium is (probably the first time most of them saw it). I think the attendance was very close to the best (Houston?) that we have had there, so yeah kinda weird. I hated it that Allen won. As I was leaving, I heard one of the Allen fans saying that he "hoped the next game wasn't played here", so now I really hate them. Sorry, just the way I feel.