Will RV's Terrible Scheduling Continue unabated?

UNT90

And if anyone that likes women's basketball wants to jump in on the conversation, you could probably go on a real tirade that's even longer than what I just typed. On that one sport alone. Thank goodness it's never really been an interest of mine, because add the dismal history and apparent future of that program to how I feel about the stuff I actually follow(ed), and I'd probably have hung myself from that fancy pedestrian bridge by now.

But, frankly... This is not fun. And I have almost no confidence, based on how we handle or ignore our failures, that we're ever going to get appreciably better. The more time goes by, the less I want to devote my free time and personal enthusiasm to it.

This is the crux of it. I made it through the Dodge years, because JJ was delivering a consistently good product. Others may feel one way or the other about tournament performance, but in the end, we were winning our conference, beating out of conference opponents like Baylor, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, and LSU, and the games were exciting to watch. Even when I first started watching JJ's teams in 2003, it almost always felt like we had a chance, even if it didn't pan out for us in the end.

It may be a down year in football, I don't know, but adding to the total and making us 4-16 for winning seasons the past 20 years doesn't inspire confidence. The fact that Canales has not resigned or been let go does not inspire confidence either. The jury is out on basketball this year, but I'd be truly shocked if this was a breakout year.

You can't win all the time, but we come damn close to losing all the time, and that's not fun to watch.

The jury is out on basketball this year, but I'd be truly shocked if this was a breakout year.

You can't win all the time, but we come damn close to losing all the time, and that's not fun to watch.

Eh... The jury is out on the team, but I think the verdict on the coach came back before he actually even coached his first game. Win or lose, just get out.

Anyway, since things got way too serious here... Green P1 doesn't really want to be my pal. Maybe you wanna go ride bikes or throw rocks at cars or something?

So what is next guys? If we all agree RV needs to resign and we need a big shake up how do we get it done? Petition? Start a fund? Get a meeting with our President?

Sadly, we don't matter.

People like Fly do, but if his recent comments on here are any indication, he is still firmly on the RV train and still buying the excuses, which is just really disheartening.

The only thing we can do is stop attending games. Sadly, as we see with Tasty, that will come about quite naturally. Will the BOR care? Probably not.

The wild card is the new President. Will the new President buck the system that has been here for so so so long and attempt to get rid of an AD that the BOR loves for his budget balancing and under the radar nature (not to mention personal relationships, because, by gosh, RV is such a nice guy)?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

No man, I'm trying to get across that we are in no way shape or form able to compete against a P5. We need to build a momentum of winning. I was using the 2014 team as an example, because I see many future teams at UNT just like it, if we have 4-8 seasons every year....

We are far more likely to compete with a P5 at home than on the road. Also, being able to sell 6 home games every year with 2-3 hosting a P5 over the course of your career should help recruiting.

• Upvote 1

Help me sort something out here. The statement has been made that over the last four years, RV has scheduled two 5 home game seasons. I have checked and rechecked the records. Here is what I have found;

2014 - 6 home games - SMU, LaTech, Nicholls, Southern Miss, FAU and FIU.

2013 - 6 home games - Idaho, Ball State, MTSU, Rice, UTEP and UTSA.

2012 - 5 home games - Tx Southern, Troy, ULaLa, Ark State and South Alabama.

2011 - 6 home games - Houston, Indiana, FAU, ULM, WKU, and MTSU.

I also checked 2010 and I counted 6 home games but I am not listing them as that is 5 years back.

Please straighten me out on which season is the second 5 home game season.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Help me sort something out here. The statement has been made that over the last four years, RV has scheduled two 5 home game seasons. I have checked and rechecked the records. Here is what I have found;

I also checked 2010 and I counted 6 home games but I am not listing them as that is 5 years back.

It is being counted as 2014 + 1 - 5.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

To be more precise,

UNT90 stated in the UAB President Ray L Watts... thread

"Good to know we have done the bare minimum in home scheduling 2 of the last 4 years."

This is why I chose the 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 seasons (last 4 years) to find the 5 home game seasons.

I can count to 4 (seasons) and I can count to 1 (5 home game season - 2012) but evidently I can't count to 2.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Here's a hint, the schedule for next season is done as far as OOC opponents and the number of home conference games is a known constant.
  • Upvote 1

Here's a hint, the schedule for next season is done as far as OOC opponents and the number of home conference games is a known constant.

UNT90 stated "Good to know we have done the bare minimum in home scheduling 2 of the last 4 years."

In my frame of reference next season, 2015 is NOT 1 of the LAST 4 years. Today is 4 DEC 2014.

UNT90 stated "Good to know we have done the bare minimum in home scheduling 2 of the last 4 years."

In my frame of reference next season, 2015 is NOT 1 of the LAST 4 years. Today is 4 DEC 2014.

If you can't understand that scheduling is done prior to actually playing the games (and in the case of football usually many years in advance) then I guess you resort to ALLCAPS.

To be more precise,

UNT90 stated in the UAB President Ray L Watts... thread

"Good to know we have done the bare minimum in home scheduling 2 of the last 4 years."

This is why I chose the 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 seasons (last 4 years) to find the 5 home game seasons.

I can count to 4 (seasons) and I can count to 1 (5 home game season - 2012) but evidently I can't count to 2.

I'm obviously counting 2 of the last four completed OOC schedules since I've referenced 2015 about a bazillion times when talking about this subject, but yes, I mis-worded what you quoted.

Happy?

Edited by UNT90

I got curious, so I looked up LSU, Alabama, and Vanderbilt. Eight home games across the board. I knew this to be true of the SEC in baseball that they absolutely refuse to play OOC on the road. Holds true in football.

Everything else discussed in this thread aside, I do wonder what kind of trickle down effect it has on college football as a whole when an entire conference refuses to travel.

Incidentally, all three had utter cream puff OOC schedules, all with an FCS opponent.

• Upvote 1

I got curious, so I looked up LSU, Alabama, and Vanderbilt. Eight home games across the board. I knew this to be true of the SEC in baseball that they absolutely refuse to play OOC on the road. Holds true in football.

Everything else discussed in this thread aside, I do wonder what kind of trickle down effect it has on college football as a whole when an entire conference refuses to travel.

Incidentally, all three had utter cream puff OOC schedules, all with an FCS opponent.

I know you have a beef with the SEC in all things, but that is patently untrue.

Auburn played at Kansas State in true road game (no Jerry world "home" game) this season.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=400547856

Alabama has been on a steady diet of neutral site games against other P5 schools, but did play at Pedo Penn State in 2011.

LSU has also been doing the neutral site game thing once per season.

That doesn't count Miss St playing at USA this year and at Troy in 2012. They aren't exactly SEC royalty of course, but don't tell 90 that those two schools got any SEC team to play them at home.

I would hazard a guess there are more examples. but I think that's enough for now.

• Upvote 1

I know you have a beef with the SEC in all things, but that is patently untrue.

Auburn played at Kansas State in true road game (no Jerry world "home" game) this season.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=400547856

Alabama has been on a steady diet of neutral site games against other P5 schools, but did play at Pedo Penn State in 2011.

LSU has also been doing the neutral site game thing once per season.

That doesn't count Miss St playing at USA this year and at Troy in 2012. They aren't exactly SEC royalty of course, but don't tell 90 that those two schools got any SEC team to play them at home.

I would hazard a guess there are more examples. but I think that's enough for now.

I bet we could get Mizzou to come to Apogee.

(Dunno if we'd really want to but, I but they would. It'd be a recruiting trip for them since the only other chance they have to impress TX recruits in person is at an A&M game every other year. Being that UNT is smack friggin dab in the middle of one of the biggest HS football hotbeds for recruits in the country I don't know why we don't play that up as an incentive to come play an OOC game at Apogee. Come to Denton, stay an extra day to visit recruits).

• Upvote 1

I bet we could get Mizzou to come to Apogee.

(Dunno if we'd really want to but, I but they would. It'd be a recruiting trip for them since the only other chance they have to impress TX recruits in person is at an A&M game every other year. Being that UNT is smack friggin dab in the middle of one of the biggest HS football hotbeds for recruits in the country I don't know why we don't play that up as an incentive to come play an OOC game at Apogee. Come to Denton, stay an extra day to visit recruits).

Not a bad idea and they love to recruit athletes from Denton and the rest of the area...