UAB to allow free transfers

BillySee58

Also talks about UMASS, Liberty, and UMass as potential replacements.

UMASS? They don't fit the footprint, CUSA needs a western replacement since Charlotte is coming in next year.

No way the CUSA presidents vote to be associated with Liberty. I know for a fact the NT academic leadership would burn down Apogee before agreeing to be in the same conference as Libery, where faculty are required to sign documentation stating they believe the earth is ~6000 years old.

And UMASS... didn't we just talk about them?

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

Who we add aside (since we already have another thread talking about that), I wonder if we pursue their qb. He was a JUCO transfer and sure lit us up. I'd imagine he will be well sought after.

Their big RB Jordan Howard (6'1" 230) has two year left and ran for 1,587 YD 13 TD. Would love to see him with us next year.

• Upvote 3

It would be wonderful if we could convince some or all of Cody Clements (Jr. / QB), Jordan Howard (So. / RB), Jake Ganus (Jr. / LB), Rolan Milligan (Jr. / S), Robert Mondie (Jr. / DT), and/or Darius Williams (So. / CB) to join the Mean Green family and play out their careers here. Four of those guys are one-and-done, though, and on a team that so strongly values paying dues and earning your way onto the field, I wonder what the guys already here would think of four dudes, all accomplished, coming in for one year and presumably sliding into starting positions. I would hope the players already here to embrace them, but that's never a safe assumption to make.

I don't believe we realistically have a shot at any of those guys, though. None of them have Texas ties, and given the question marks surround our recruiting, I don't see much of a shot that we could land any of them.

As long as we're dreaming, I wonder if you could pitch all these guys or some other combination of guys to join the Mean Green family as a group?

More realistically, they have a redshirt freshman #2 QB from Houston.

I feel horrible for all the Blazer players. They turned things around and they're still getting screwed because of circumstances beyond their control. There's too much of that going on these days, both inside college football and in life in general.

Edited by MeanGreenWithEnvy