The next 2 days

UNT90

Fixations List:

90 - Dan McCarney and Rick Villareal

Andrew - Dajon Williams

Me - Antediluvian Civilizations

Dan McCarney?

Really?

More concerned about replacing assistants. McCarney had a bowl win last year. He isn't going anywhere.

I do wish he would hire a new OC and not micromanage that hire.

Is when we will find out just how much Mac learned from his time at Iowa St.

I'm betting the only staff change is Skladany, with the possibility of Perry leaving for a better gig. Tough for a leapard to change his spots.

Thoughts?

I agree that Coach Mac's personality is such that he doesn't change his ways (spots) much at all. But there is a change-your-ways role model for him just down I-35W a few miles.

To me there is hardly any coach that is more set in his conservative and micromanaging ways than Coach Patterson at TCU. But after last years 4-8 season he brought in new offensive coaches, let them run the offense.....and look at TCU now.

Coach Mac, are you listening?

• Upvote 3

I agree that Coach Mac's personality is such that he doesn't change his ways (spots) much at all. But there is a change-your-ways role model for him just down I-35W a few miles.

To me there is hardly any coach that is more set in his conservative and micromanaging ways than Coach Patterson at TCU. But after last years 4-8 season he brought in new offensive coaches, let them run the offense.....and look at TCU now.

Coach Mac, are you listening?

Coach Mac does not micro manage the offense. He has some criteria like a lot of defense first coaches. And a lot of OCs still succeed with those parameters.

Conservative coaches are not new to football. It can win if you have an aggressive defense. I watched run first offenses all day on Saturday. Against 8 and 9 man fronts too.

I think that sometimes things happen, and at other times, things don't. We saw a lot of that this year.

One thing that did happen was three young men put on uniforms with the intention of running onto the field and playing quarterback. But, as with all antediluvian civilizations, there comes a flood. With these three, it was a flood of turnovers, misses receivers, and bad decision-making.

Now, we stand at the crest of Time, the slow, steady flowing river and wonder whether Means is the answer. Only Time can answer that question; and, it will answer it as slowly as all other questions is resolves for human people.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Now, we stand at the crest of Time, the slow, steady flowing river and wonder whether Means is the answer. Only Time can answer that question; and, it will answer it as slowly as all other questions is resolves for human people.

Means will be a redshirt freshman. He will have a short leash. Mac is old school to a fault when it comes to a young qb. If you show any reason for them to not trust your mental ability, you wont play. The DW pick to the UAB player with no one around was a choke and he looked rattled. A coach like Mac wont sign off on a rattled qb. Not many coaches would.

Means better come in with leadership and composure if he wants a shot. He can make mistakes, but he better not look unprepared or like his is confused or choking.

He was not told he had to keep canales. Stop saying things you don't know, please.

Then tell us.

I think it was DMac 's decision, but he knew certain supporters wanted Chico to stay, and he was familiar with Chico, talked to Chico, made sure Chico wasn't bitter over not being selected, and hired Chico to coach offense with the understanding that DMac would have input.

It was a win/win for DMac.

Edited by UNT90

Canales has got to go, bc if he's not gone this year he damn sure will be next. Mac has to make this move immediately. No reason to let him linger around. In the event that he does for whatever reason linger around he will almost certainly be used as a sacrificial lamb at the end of another losing season under Mac.

I think most here were in total agreement with Mac hiring Chico at the time... it just made good sense at the time and given the circumstances.

That's how I remember it. And remember, Chico held the team together (Lock The Gates!) and won a few games at the same time. Remember how competitive we were against Kansas State?

• Upvote 4

That's how I remember it. And remember, Chico held the team together (Lock The Gates!) and won a few games at the same time. Remember how competitive we were against Kansas State?

Yeah, it's hard to believe how competitive we were in that game, and nobody even seemed to care, and I can't remember, who played quarterback then. Did we even have more than one left on the roster at that point?

Yeah, it's hard to believe how competitive we were in that game, and nobody even seemed to care, and I can't remember, who played quarterback then. Did we even have more than one left on the roster at that point?

Riley, with a hard cast on his non-throwing left hand, and nerve damage in his throwing right elbow went 8-12 for 127 yards and 1 TD. Chase Bain went 4 for 8 for 41 yards, 1 INT and 1 TD.

Dodge also ran 6 times for 21 yards.

Of course, Dunbar went 274 yards on 22 carries and 3 TD's.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Riley, with a hard cast on his non-throwing left hand, and nerve damage in his throwing right elbow went 8-12 for 127 yards and 1 TD. Chase Bain went 4 for 8 for 41 yards, 1 INT and 1 TD.

Dodge also ran 6 times for 21 yards.

Of course, Dunbar went 274 yards on 22 carries and 3 TD's.

Rick

Good stuff, Rick.