MGB: Five quick thoughts

Brett Vito

Skladany is an above average coach. There are upgrades out there though. UNT has to find one.

Just like unt found Ryan Walters/Tommy Perry/Noah Joseph...

this is my second go round with skladany. Other one was UH. Add his stint with UCF and you will read the same comments on the forums. Bend dont break, wont get after the qb, dbs too far off, not aggressive.

• Upvote 2

He was talking about Skladany who has never been a head coach. Despite the opinions in this thread, I believe he is the best DC we've had since I've been following the program closely(back to '05). Even with the poor season this year, we were a top 40 defense before the UTSA game. That game may drop us to the mid-40s but still not a Ron Mendoza or SMU defense.

I wouldn't mind seeing us offer the North Dakota St head coach, Chris Klieman, the DC position with the understanding the he is the head coach in waiting.

I wouldn't mind listening in on the call to hear whether he could stop laughing long enough to curse at us.

I wouldn't mind seeing us offer the North Dakota St head coach, Chris Klieman, the DC position with the understanding the he is the head coach in waiting.

You MIGHT be able to pull that off with the head coach at Sam Houston State...which probably would be a better fit for us from a recruiting standpoint than it would to get a brand new coach from NDSU.

I don't think any of the former USF guys we have on staff were there when Snyder came on.

But hey, if he wants to take a pay cut, sure! (Actually, he probably wont take much of a pay cut at all since I'm sure A&M will still be on the hook to pay him the difference in salary until that deal is over). He has some skins on the wall.

EDIT: PS - I'm sure he has plenty of recruiting inroads here in TX from his 3 yrs at A&M.

Edited by MeanGreenTexan

Snyder was talking to Kent St a few years ago:

That was after aTm's best defensive year. I don't know if he has enough juice to try and snag a G5 HC job still. He probably could find a DC job at this level.

He's an Ohio guy, was HC at Marshall, has coached at Minn and Ohio St. He may want to return to that area.