who's excited for spring and next season?

justintime43

I've got to tell you, it's kind of hard to get excited about a team that struggles so hard to put up points after seeing these basketball like scores CUSA teams have been putting up the last couple of days. We struggle so hard to get 7 points when our offense is given the ball with great field position by special teams play that you just wonder why our coaches don't seem to notice that is a problem. What are the most points we've scored this year against a team that wasn't SMU or Nicholls State?

• Upvote 1

I've got to tell you, it's kind of hard to get excited about a team that struggles so hard to put up points after seeing these basketball like scores CUSA teams have been putting up the last couple of days. We struggle so hard to get 7 points when our offense is given the ball with great field position by special teams play that you just wonder why our coaches don't seem to notice that is a problem. What are the most points we've scored this year against a team that wasn't SMU or Nicholls State?

just as this years team next years team will be a different team, new leaders new players and a new season im getting pumped already im very excited to see who we can recruit this year as well..
  • Upvote 1

I care and thank you for your service.

Mean Green wise, you post like your 17, but I've been wrong before. What I'm not wrong about is NT's history of a lack of accountability, which I've learned from, of which you seem to know little about.

But that's ok. Our program banks on good fans like you not knowing a thing of our history. That's why our athletic department puts out rediculous statements like the one posted on mgsports last week that after beating three nobodies and at 4-1, Tony Benford is the 2nd highest winning percentage coach in North Texas basketball history.

So you don't know any better to NOT be excited about next year, and that's a good thing. Without you we couldnt replace those good fans and historians who've given up and been run off from the rediculousness and unaccountability.

Rick

Like....

4 O linemen...the most difficult corp group to get to jell of any position on the team.

2 major D lineman on an already weak D line. Sid Moore may fill one of these positions just fine but D Mac doesn't seem to care much for him?

1 LB, our best defensive player on the team.

3 defensive backs including our third best defensive player on the team.

1 Deep Snapper

1 Defensive Coordinator.

Possibly one O coordinator?

Possibly one Special Teams Coordinator as I see Tommy Perry moving out and up after this season?

And most of all, another 33,000 people who cared enough to show up last January who for what ever reason and I could name several, we managed to lose since then.

Rick

Yeah, how will we ever replace all these awesome players and coaches who led us to a magnificent 4-8 season?

You know i shoulda known better then to post on this board.. worse fan base ive ever been around yall are just sad...and ill gladly screen shot this and all those who are nay sayers better be ready to pay up..not to mention some of yall football iq is close to zero see yall losers in the spring

9291_cdac.jpeg

• Upvote 2

Yeah, how will we ever replace all these awesome players and coaches who led us to a magnificent 4-8 season?

Good question. But whoever they are they weren't good enough to play in front of those they will be replacing next year this year, and they will be placed there by the same individuals who recruited them and placed those they couldn't replace this year in starting roles next year.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I see us winning 3 games next year--the presumed bought FCS win, then another two against the CUSA games and SMU. McNulty starts all 12 games...and our real attendance is about 14k, although it will be reported as much higher. Gotta pray that we find a better bus driver for 2016, not to mention a defense that can actually stop someone besides the offensive juggernauts that were SMU, F_Us, and Nicholls State.

Good question. But whoever they are they weren't good enough to play in front of those they will be replacing next year this year, and they will be placed there by the same individuals who recruited them and placed those they couldn't replace this year in starting roles next year.

Rick

FFR, with that logic, then 2013 couldnt happen. Players learn and improve. Orr was steady for the 2012 team and came back ready for 2013.

2013 trice was better than 2012. 2013 lee was better than 2012. Both corners were replaced.

people questioned whether Abbe would step up.

Thats 5 spots that upgraded.

• Upvote 2

I see us winning 3 games next year--the presumed bought FCS win, then another two against the CUSA games and SMU. McNulty starts all 12 games...and our real attendance is about 14k, although it will be reported as much higher. Gotta pray that we find a better bus driver for 2016, not to mention a defense that can actually stop someone besides the offensive juggernauts that were SMU, F_Us, and Nicholls State.

We can hit 6, but a lot has to work in our favor.

SMU and the FCS game that hasnt been scheduled yet are 2. UTSA loses a lot. Theres 3.

Rice loses a lot. That could be 4. So Miss is winnable 5. Hopefully we can get an F__U or Charlotte for the 6th as our East opponents...

its gonna be interesting.

• Upvote 1

We can hit 6, but a lot has to work in our favor.

SMU and the FCS game that hasnt been scheduled yet are 2. UTSA loses a lot. Theres 3.

Rice loses a lot. That could be 4. So Miss is winnable 5. Hopefully we can get an F__U or Charlotte for the 6th as our East opponents...

its gonna be interesting.

I would be shocked if we beat SMU and their new coach next year

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

FFR, with that logic, then 2013 couldnt happen. Players learn and improve. Orr was steady for the 2012 team and came back ready for 2013.

2013 trice was better than 2012. 2013 lee was better than 2012. Both corners were replaced.

people questioned whether Abbe would step up.

Thats 5 spots that upgraded.

It's not logic, it's fact that we have to replace 4 starting O linemen. If we're pleasantly surprised with success it'll be just that... a surprise. There's nothing I've seen that gives me a reason to be excited for next year.

Oh, there may be someone who comes in and is exciting to watch play like a Means or a Goree or even an Emanual Moore(if we're lucky enough to hang onto his commitment). But the same guy is calling the plays that decided to field goal it all day today and refuse to blitz. Pfffft. That shit Sucks!

Like my good friend SUMG says, they need to pass out No-Doze at the gates as an attendance incentive.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wow the positive fans that use to be optimistic are now down and out. If you have no hope you have already been defeated. Never lose that energetic outlook and optimism for the future. You are already 6 feet under if you do. Is it too early to be blissful for some perhaps. But some negative nellies in here have been down since the smu win. Trust they were bummed and hopeless in Fort Worth last year too.

Keep the faith Mean Green!!!!!!

Mean Green for life.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wow the positive fans that use to be optimistic are now down and out. If you have no hope you have already been defeated. Never lose that energetic outlook and optimism for the future. You are already 6 feet under if you do. Is it too early to be blissful for some perhaps. But some negative nellies in here have been down since the smu win. Trust they were bummed and hopeless in Fort Worth last year too.

Keep the faith Mean Green!!!!!!

Mean Green for life.

#Hit 6?

This is the 1st year in almost a decade I forgot who and when NT played the last few weeks. It's sad to say, but this season about sucked the football life outta me. Maybe I'll reset over the offseason and see some decent NT basketball. I still plan on renewing season tickets..........

I know i am.. weve got alot of improvng to do but we have alot of young promising talent coming up and some verbally commited... i think next years oline will actially be better then this years(more athletic) defense had aloooot of young guys that are going to have some experiance under their belts! Im very excited to see who starts at qb, but we will def have more speed in the back field and im very excited to see our young recievers.. yes this year was rough but hey true fans stck it through no matter what..

Me, too. Defense was young, but did play well in stretches. Eager to see the QB battle in spring. Love what we have in Jeff Wilson and Trevor Moore.

Me, too. Defense was young, but did play well in stretches. Eager to see the QB battle in spring. Love what we have in Jeff Wilson and Trevor Moore.

Well, that "young" defense graduated over half of its starters and loses Skladany. Not only are we going to have to break in 6 new starters on defense while learning a new system, but Mac chooses to play conservative ball and lean on them to win. Going to be a tough task.

As for the offensive skill players, we have plenty of talent there. Should be fun to watch. It'll be very interesting to see how that offensive line comes together.

• Upvote 1

I have a hard time penciling in SMU for a win next season. Yes , we blew them out this year, but we also did the same to So Miss,UTEP the season before.. Not to mention Mac is just something like 5-20 on the road as our head coach (0-6 this season)

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 1

Well, that "young" defense graduated over half of its starters and loses Skladany. Not only are we going to have to break in 6 new starters on defense while learning a new system, but Mac chooses to play conservative ball and lean on them to win. Going to be a tough task.

As for the offensive skill players, we have plenty of talent there. Should be fun to watch. It'll be very interesting to see how that offensive line comes together.

Many young players rotated in...all but lee and akunne are pretty easily replaced.

Skladany: The one real shining star on this staff, gone.

Chico: Who the hell knows with this guy? The offense he ran while interim HC didn't resemble what we've seen in Apogee at all. Who's driving this bus? Chico rarely speaks publicly. I suspect he moves on voluntarily or not.

Mac: Are we entering another era of a stubborn one-trick pony coach with a "plan" that every other coach in the universe has figured out and can exploit week after miserable week? My faith is waning, but does it matter? Because EXTENSION!

Players: Dajon probably gone. McNulty most certainly the starter. Unfamiliar with any up and coming names in other positions.

Beer: Cold and plentiful

Food: Delicious and waistband expanding

Thor: Ugly as always

UNT90: Seen suspiciously carrying a drill with a boring drill bit into the men's room stalls in the club.

The rest of us: Constantly carrying around mirrors to take good hard looks at ourselves so as to constantly remember that we're the worst fans of anything in the history of ever.

The students: Skinflint couch sitting bastards who don't pay enough fees for the ultimate enjoyment of us alumni.

The windmills: Killing birds and screwing up the chances of our kickers since 2011.

Denia: Secretly laughing inside.

Fracking in Denton: The only thing with a worse win/loss record than UNT football in 2015.

Dan's Silverleaf: Home to pretentious self absorbed jazz musicians and hack performer grinder sparks galore

Frisco, TX: Perfect in every way.

• Upvote 1