who's excited for spring and next season?

justintime43

I know i am.. weve got alot of improvng to do but we have alot of young promising talent coming up and some verbally commited... i think next years oline will actially be better then this years(more athletic) defense had aloooot of young guys that are going to have some experiance under their belts! Im very excited to see who starts at qb, but we will def have more speed in the back field and im very excited to see our young recievers.. yes this year was rough but hey true fans stck it through no matter what..

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

Lots of questions need to be answered.

It depends on if chico stays. If he stays, we will look a little bit better on offense, but not by much.

Who replaces skladany? What defense will we run?

How will we use goree? Hopefully similar to the way we threw to Terrell today.

Will we bring in a juco QB? Will a new OC have McNulty or means playing decent D1 football?

Thank goodness we have basketball to get us through the winter.

Women's basketball looks like they'll struggle to get 5 wins on the year. Could conceivably go 0-28. Men's basketball is our best bet at a winning season this school year. If they don't get it then we'll be sitting at just 1 winning season out of the last 19 seasons by RV's last 6 "big-three sports" hires.

Tony Benford is RV's brightest hope right now. That's where things stand.

• Upvote 1

Excited about 2 whore game ass beatings? No.

Excited about a current 4 home game schedule? No.

Excited about a 5 home game schedule with an FCS as our only OOC home game? No.

Thanks, RV. The above 3 are completely your responsibility.

Excited about a head coach who refuses to utilize the forward pass? No

Excited about an OC that can't evaluate QB talent? No

Excited about a lack of size on the DL? No.

Excited about the very real prospect of watching a whole season of McNulty under center? No.

Hopefully something changes before spring ball.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Women's basketball looks like they'll struggle to get 5 wins on the year. Could conceivably go 0-28. Men's basketball is our best bet at a winning season this school year. If they don't get it then we'll be sitting at just 1 winning season out of the last 19 seasons by RV's last 6 "big-three sports" hires.

Tony Benford is RV's brightest hope right now. That's where things stand.

Give Benford's team some credit, I think they will be significantly better than the football team.

I hope the football team improves, but rationally I don't see why it should. NT loses just as much this year from a bad team as they did last year. This season there was at least the hope that there were some good players behind those that departed. I don't even have that hope for next year as I believe that anyone that was eligible that could have helped would have played. Based on McCarney's recruiting thus far at NT, I don't see any big infusion of players that are going to immediately help. Add to that, that almost every team in the conference seem to be improving at a better pace than NT.

like?..

Like....

4 O linemen...the most difficult corp group to get to jell of any position on the team.

2 major D lineman on an already weak D line. Sid Moore may fill one of these positions just fine but D Mac doesn't seem to care much for him?

1 LB, our best defensive player on the team.

3 defensive backs including our third best defensive player on the team.

1 Deep Snapper

1 Defensive Coordinator.

Possibly one O coordinator?

Possibly one Special Teams Coordinator as I see Tommy Perry moving out and up after this season?

And most of all, another 33,000 people who cared enough to show up last January who for what ever reason and I could name several, we managed to lose since then.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1

You know i shoulda known better then to post on this board.. worse fan base ive ever been around yall are just sad...and ill gladly screen shot this and all those who are nay sayers better be ready to pay up..not to mention some of yall football iq is close to zero see yall losers in the spring

Ahhhhh,... to be 17 again. I'd certainly study harder and go a Science over Business.

Rick

You know i shoulda known better then to post on this board.. worse fan base ive ever been around yall are just sad...and ill gladly screen shot this and all those who are nay sayers better be ready to pay up..not to mention some of yall football iq is close to zero see yall losers in the spring

4-8 with an average REAL attendance of 16,000 or so...tell me, football genius, what will Mac do for an encore?

The only major loss on defense is akunne.

Jjones is solid and had a very aggressive start to the season when he was playing tight coverage. He tailed off at the end and today he went out with a wimper. Whitfield has experienceand could fill in. if not, Davis is next in line and has over 50 meaningful snaps at corner in the nickel.

Davis is probably the best cover corner, but run support and tackling looks suspect.

Lee was not the lee of last year. He will go down as a unt legend because of last year, but he has battled injuries since spring. He was a below average player. We did not get our backup good reps at ss.

K. McClain has started and played a lot of reps at fs. We just need him to go through a spring and improve. Wade had a good start, but injuries slowed him too.

Sid moore, orr, and sir Wallace got a LOT of playing time this year. We just need them to pick up a few more pounds and improve on this year. In my opinion, the young DLs held their own. Our DEs...another story. We already missed mason this year.

the new DC could actually improve this team. Skladany was a conservative defensive coach. We barely blitzed, barely pressed. A new coach may take advantage of our personell.

• Upvote 1