2014 Season

UNTexas

This forum is depressing and many of you should either check out or get serious about UNT athletics. Even our own posters seem to not give a f.

Canales HAS to go, he has to. We have to have a new offensive mind manning this offense.

Too each his own...of course, you could always leave...

Athletics isn't everything...neither is winning...relax and enjoy what you have...

• Upvote 1

You and about 500 others.

And sometimes I think many at UNT, including the current AD, enjoy this tight little circle.

My frustration is growing. I really don't know how much longer I will be around. We allow an AD to make terrible hire after terrible hire without consequence. We allow that AD to criticize players for the faults of one of his coaching hires. We allow that AD to stay in place longer than any other AD in Texas with far less success than every other AD that hasn't been fired (and less success than many that have been fired) or haven't been in their position for 4 plus years.

I am starting to just not care. I'm regretting purchasing club seats. I dreaded driving up for the FIU game and left at the half to beat the weather. I only broke out the full tailgate for 3 of the 6 home games. I gave up on inviting people to watch a terrible product. I really don't know how much longer I can care about something that the organization in which that something is contained so clearly cares so little about that something. I have to decide in January to re-up club seats or just write it off as a bad investment. That decision will depend on decisions made by the UNT BOR at end of the year evaluation time.

One large donor on here loves to call me "clown show." I have a serious question for him: What are you getting for your investment? Access to an unsuccessful AD? Great facilities to watch the same crappy athletics? When will you ask for accountability from the "clown show" that has been the UNT AD? How much good money will you throw after bad to see the same GD thing on the field/court? Are you ready to enjoy that 5 home game season next year (with the only home OOC being a FCS)?

I came back to this program in 2007 after a long absence. I've put a lot of time and, income percentage wise, money into this program. It has taken and taken and taken with very few tangible returns and no consequences for failure at the highest level.

I just simply don't know how much longer I can do it.

booohhhooooo who hasnt? Ive been a cowboy fan my whole life and will continue to blow my money to support them as i do for my mean green... true fans stick around no mater what the record.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

booohhhooooo who hasnt? Ive been a cowboy fan my whole life and will continue to blow my money to support them as i do for my mean green... true fans stick around no mater what the record.

That mentality is why the Cowboys have been mediocre for 17 years. Jerry won't make any drastic changes from a management perspective until it starts to hurt him financially. You can support a team while still demanding more from them.

• Upvote 2

I can see where 90 is coming from. I will always love the mean green. I ask myself why spend the money for 5 home games when I can watch most on tv ? I don't see us being very good next year. Who will be our QB? Our offense has been bad for awhile, and let's be honest , we struggle being a G5 school. Look at our recent history, probability says we will be bad.

• Upvote 1

haha, noooo shit. These people on here. Smmfh.

Or I just realize that athletics aren't the be all end all...I enjoy tailgating and people I've met through the football games and events.

But you are right that there is smmfh on this board...mirrors are awesome...

• Upvote 4

I'll never forget when we beat a 0-12 Nicholls Stare team too!............ Seriously though, i can't see why we should take pride in beating these teams. We barely squeaked past FIU (a team I heard didn't deserve to be in CUSA) according to a article that was posted on GMG. The only legitimate prideful win was FAU... Where is the respect in that?

I have pride in every win leave bummed in every loss. It's a game a really fun fun game and thank gosh we have it. Can't watch it easily overseas when working out there so I enjoy the emotions it brings.

Happier emotions last year for sure but memories nonetheless. Ready to plan the 2015 excursions as soon as the schedule is set!

GMG

• Upvote 1

Most of the kids played hard. We're not a re-load school. So, it was unrealistic to think we'd repeat 2013's success after losing six of the starting front seven on defense plus Trice, the best I-A/FBS quarterback we ever had, the best kick returner we ever had, and one of the best runners we ever had.

Before the season, I said we'd be lucky to finish 5-7; and, we would have been.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Disappointing season, but I did predict 6-6 at the beginning of the year, so I was expecting a down year of sorts. I'm expecting additional changes to the staff, other than DC, for 2015. Hopefully, recruiting goes well and some of the redshirt freshman are anxious to make their mark next season. Mac will have a tough year in 2015 and will earn that paycheck.........

Most of the kids played hard. We're not a re-load school. So, it was unrealistic to think we'd repeat 2013's success after losing six of the starting front seven on defense plus Trice, the best I-A/FBS quarterback we ever had, the best kick returner we ever had, and one of the best runners we ever had.

Before the season, I said we'd be lucky to finish 5-7; and, we would have been.

Right? I mean, how could we ever be expected to keep up with the power schools, like, I don't know, Utah St?:

http://m.nydailynews.com/new-york/officer-shot-killed-crazed-man-snatches-gun-police-article-1.1740921

They graduated the most seniors of any program in the country last spring and turned right around and won 9 games in 2014.

But here at UNT, we live and love to make excuses, because, above everything else, THAT is our culture.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Right? I mean, how could we ever be expected to keep up with the power schools, like, I don't know, Utah St?:

http://m.nydailynews.com/new-york/officer-shot-killed-crazed-man-snatches-gun-police-article-1.1740921

They graduated the most seniors of any program in the country last spring and turned right around and won 9 games in 2014.

But here at UNT, we live and love to make excuses, because, above everything else, THAT is our culture.

I totally agree 90

• Upvote 4